BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite SS item from your collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is correct. The last one was taken by soviets in somewere in 1958 year, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

My favorite photos.
      Attached Files

Comment

2 nd one
        Attached Files

Comment

tk on hat

Comment

tk
            Attached Files

Comment

super fotos alex!

BR Niklas

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                quoteP.S. Do you have the photos of the album saved? Would be very interesting to see a uniform with Reihard Heindrich cuff and latvian shield!
                Unfortunately I do not have images. Album was sold in couple of hours and images was removed.[/quote]

Not RH ct, but Das Reich.. That i found strange.? Also the Latvian made skulls seen. Alex you may have seen before, but here are 2 from my Riga visit for your view. Great collection you have!
                Regards
                Gisle
                Attached Files

Comment

Carry wooden card(map)

Here is I door card(map) to find has the gleize 20 years ago

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Gisle, great photo of 19 div ! But I saw album exactly with photo of tunic of Latvian shield and RH ct. There were a lot of interesting images in album... just sleeves only ... a lot of variations of different ss cuff titles .

Comment

Originally posted by norge View Post
                      Unfortunately I do not have images. Album was sold in couple of hours and images was removed.

Not RH ct, but Das Reich.. That i found strange.? Also the Latvian made skulls seen. Alex you may have seen before, but here are 2 from my Riga visit for your view. Great collection you have!
                      Regards
                      Gisle[/quote]

That must be Walter Kruger who took command of the SS Lettishes in summer of 1944. Strange to see him wear the Latvija shiled for sure. Never saw a pic with him wearing that one before. Nice to see he still wears the enlisted Das Reich cuff title... As a few other officers in Das Reich did...

Cheers,
                      Felix

Comment

Thank you for the photos Alex, an excellent Latvian volunteer collection!

Comment

Thank you Askold

Comment

Here's my most favorite SS item

Here's my most favorite SS item ! (shown before in other threads)
                            Most likely a battlefield pick up cut down to souvenir size by a vet...

Another WAF member commented on this piece as follows:
                            Most likely worn by an armored vehicle soldier and/or radio operator.

Reason:
                            Notice the remains of nap around the false piping. It appears this cap was 'squeezed' when worn...
                            Like what happens when wearing a headphone... which explains the remains of nap and lack of nap
                            along the false crown piping... (red arrows)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 12-21-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Note that the eagle is the rarely encountered Belgium made "Leopoldsburg" eagle variant!

(in the States incorrectly referred to by collectors as the "Reitz" eagle...Reitz did not make insignia...)

More on Belgian made insignia here; click on "Belgian made eagles" in link!(web site of a fellow WAF member from Belgium)
                              http://www.ereitzuniformwerke.be/Whome.htm

The TK is a German pattern, heavily worn out because it was tucked often in the belt. This piece speaks!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 12-21-2010, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Random opinion, but I think the early chained SS dagger is the epitome of SS relics. There beautiful and symbolize everything the Schützstaffel stood for. Elegance, fear, quality, Nordic etc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X