Odd SS Officer Sleeve Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd SS Officer Sleeve Eagle

This sleeve eagle does not look like a normal one, but the bullion work is interesting. Is there any chance that it might be original?
    Attached Files

I cannot tell the size but in form with the short wing-span it almost looks more like a type of Cap eagle?

Comment

The size is way too big for a normal cap eagle. I don't have it in front of me or else I would give you the measurments.

Tom

Comment

Repro or real it is an SS panzer beret eagle in bullion.

Comment

What gives it away as a beret eagle? I just don't see it.

Richard

Comment

I seem to remember there was some sort of "Eastern" organization that used this pattern of sleeve eagle- try posting it in the Political Orgs. Form...

Comment

Originally posted by relicstashr View Post
              it is an SS panzer beret eagle in bullion.
              Complete tosh !

Comment

There is a similar diplomatic eagle shown in the The Service of the Reich book by Angolia on page 30. It indicates that the wingspan on the example shown was 8.5 CM.

Comment

Johnny,

Can you post a credited photo from the book, for those of us with small libraries?

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                    Johnny,

Can you post a credited photo from the book, for those of us with small libraries?

Richard
                    I try to avoid posting copyrighted material, robbing banks, arson and other crimes. I can email it to you if you like.

Comment

It is not the eagle in the diplo book not even a close comparison. No one has ventured to guess on originality yet.

Comment

Originally posted by relicstashr View Post
                        It is not the eagle in the diplo book not even a close comparison. No one has ventured to guess on originality yet.
                        Are you looking at the eagle on the top of the page? The image is not that great but it is similar in size and form. Handmade items vary greatly.

Comment

Maybe it is just me but I seem to notice a couple of things that look similar. Superimposing the outline of the eagle helps to see this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not for me this bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
                              Not for me this bird.
                              Nor me. The spring bullion and the style are the killers for me.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X