No announcement yet.

W.SS Camo Panzer Wrap Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks as if it could be a issued blurred edge panzer uniform.

Cheers

fritz
    A quote from you, made some years ago about this very same photo.

Comment

Originally posted by J-W.Bode View Post

Comment

Originally posted by J-W.Bode View Post
        I like that you are putting value in my statements. But am I supposed not to change my opinion when reason commands so?

You and all who say that this is a camo set might very well be forced to change their minds too should the proper camo pattern that this set matches not come to light.

I remembered your picture and knew it had been posted before and I originally liked the idea that it could be camo but never spent much time looking at it, then I got to see more similar photos labeled as "camo" but they weren't and a while back I noticed that water on wool uniforms creates such an effect in black and white pictures.

Now when I saw that picture again I took the time and downloaded your image and used various effects. I am sure it's not camo, just a standard grey wrapper and pants that got some water all over. Also the material looks like wool and not like HBT or twill etc..

I can understand you don't like I am saying it's a grey set now. Which, if I am right, brings the value of that picture down a bit.

Still a nice picture of a grey stug uniform (IMO), just not appropriate for that thread (IMO).

Cheers
        Last edited by Fritz; 07-02-2010, 09:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hello Fritz,

I don't own the photo anymore so I don't have a horse in this race. I respect your opinion, but I also had contact with other high-end collectors on this photo, who all agreed that it was a (tailor made / field made?) blurred edge wrapper. My personal 'investigation' with my own equipment confirmed their statement.

Don't take my previous posts as a personal attack. And you are right, opinions and point of views can change because of various reasons; I know that as no other.

Anyway, I still think it is a camo wrapper! It definitly isn't a gray one and I also have my doubs about the water-theory...

Comment

IMO the "camo-effect" is because of poor qulity of the photo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X