No announcement yet.

Printed Flemish unit shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting, no doubt its the same unit! So the unit was directly subordinate to Reichsluftfahrtministerium, RLM in the West , which makes sense
    as it was raised in Brussels (cadre of NSKK-Luftwaffe driving school).
    An NSKK unit in Service of the Luftwaffe in the West and in Mrch of 1944 got involved with transportation and distribution of aid (such as clothing) to civilian victims of bombed cities in the Reich.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by NickG; 05-13-2010, 01:27 AM.

Comment

No problem, but is doesn't say anything about any relation with the NSKK.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by -Michael View Post
        No problem, but is doesn't say anything about any relation with the NSKK.

Mike
        True...NSKK not mentioned... but the fact remains that most Dutch and Flemish NSKK drivers came under the control of the Luftwaffe,
        (wearing NSKK badged LW uniforms), moving LW supplies.
        So transporting aid to a bomb devastated city (as mentioned in the period print) is a similar air defence related function, an activity that connects them with the RLM.
        Also the reference books link this "Fuchs" regiment with the NSKK (subordinate to the LW)

Comment

I have only found the 1st and 3rd company patches. I do not know the nationality of the 2nd company.

Bob Hritz
          Attached Files
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hello

I was looking for more information about this unit and this was the only link i found on the WAF...

Here is the information i have regarding this unit:

The unit was founded in 1944 as part of "Aussenstelle Westen des Reichsluftfahrtministeriums und Oberkommando der Luftwaffe".
            The Dienststelle was also called Beutestab der Luftwaffe and their tactical sign was Fuchs as you can obviously see on their patches.

The function of the Einsatz Regiment was to find personnel to work for the Hilfzüge der Luftwaffe who supplied the civilians in Germany with food, clothing and textile.

First it were volunteers but afterwards it was persons that had to work for this unit and were picked randomly.

They helped after the heavy air attacks in the Ruhrgebiet and other major city. Last known Einsatz was in Dresden (Hilfzug 5).

Their Feldpostnumber was L47404 LgpA Brüssel

The Stab u. Ersatz : Koninklijk Atheneum Etterbeek (Royal Athenaeum Etterbeek (near Brussels))

Standorte:
            - Kon. Atheneum Etterbeek
            - St. Bernard Hemiksem
            - Bargteheide near Hamburg
            - Gross-Rosenburg
            near the end of August 1944:
            - Haltern / Westfalen
            - Wadersloh
            - Wahnfried a.d. Werra

Uniform: brown "battledress" with Fuchs on the right side and on the left sleeve the nameshield:
            - Ersatz, 1. & 2. Kompanie: Flandern
            - 3. Kompanie: Niederlande
            - 4. Kompanie: Wallonie

Arbeitskledung: grey overalls and white Drillichanzug

Identity card: Soldbuch (same as the Luftwaffe but adapted for the Fuchs)

That is all the information that i have found. If you have some extra information, please post.

Kind regards

PS Are these patches easy to find?

Comment

Great information thanks & no these nskk fuchs patches are impossible to find...
              Kapitein

Comment

Bob H. , those are just great pieces,,thanks for posting,,a real treat to see....

Comment

I bought these two patches from the military show in Boxboro Mass. last year. My initial thoughts about them were that they were part of the Einsatzgruppe from Belgium and was very excited. I did pay a decent price for them so I'm very glad to find out they are as rare as I thought. I am also glad to learn the origin and personnel that these patches were created for. The information in this thread is great. This forum is amazing for it's knowledge shared and the member's helpfulness is awesome. I'm glad to be a new member!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

What a wonderfull set! Thank you for sharing them. If i may ask, what did they go for?

Comment

He was asking 250 ea. and I wanted to purchase both so after negotiating I believe I ended up getting them for around 300 for the pair maybe a little less. I am honestly not sure if I still over paid but I love rarer items so the value to me is much more, so it doesn't bother me if they are worth less than what I paid. Glad to have found them.

Comment

I think that for 150 you got yourself a great deal! Great looking patches

Comment

Here is mine. Got it for 200 bucks and thought it was a steal.

Greg
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wonderfull patch Greg. If 3-rd company is yellow, 1st - white and 4-th blue, I would assume 2-nd would be red?

Comment

Hello,

A friend asked me to post these for him.

Fred
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X