No announcement yet.

SS Panzer Grouping .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice paperwork indeed ! But it's obvious that the wrapper is not the one in the portraitphoto , sorry .

Comment

Diferent EKII button hole ribbon (easily swapped by the original owner), but the shape and orientation of the finest details of the rank tab are an exact match. I think CSI would find it the same tunic based on the photo.

Comment

Mystery Machine

Uh oh Scooby, dat aint da same Wrap. That collar on the original and lapel flap are way thicker. Somebody convince me I am wrong. I want to be wrong.

Comment

Comparing a photo of a tunic in wear with one laying flat is very difficult. I would suggest trying to pose the tunic, on a mannequin or model, and see if it matches up. To me, it looks the same.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

agree

I agree, it needs to be put on a Mannequinn and buttoned up.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
              Now this is a real treat to see..thank you.
              Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan View Post
                Nice paperwork indeed ! But it's obvious that the wrapper is not the one in the portraitphoto , sorry .

Unless my eyes fail me, I have to agree that there is no way that the wrapper in the photo is the same as the one posted.

Comment

Bob Hritz nailed it. I also believe the wrap has to be posed on a mannequin or torso form at the very least. Then you have to find the exact position and angle at which the photo was taken. I have had the same experience where I have a photo of the guy in his uniform and it doesn't even come close laying flat. Until you pose it in the exact same position and positioned on a body as close to the same size as the wearer as you can get. Then post side by side shots and make a judgment call.

Comment

Could be interesting also see a detailed picture of the rayon strings, from the picture posted they dont seams to be correct...

Comment

The space between the runes is on the picture bigger then on the wrapper. On the picture the space is smaller.

I think the pictured wrap is not the same and that the difference stays when you put it on a mannequin.

The documents are great.

regards Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
                        The space between the runes is on the picture bigger then on the wrapper. On the picture the space is smaller.

I think the pictured wrap is not the same and that the difference stays when you put it on a mannequin.

The documents are great.

regards Erwin
                        Seems to be correct mate!
                        Cheers, Steve
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------
                        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Once again: excellent grouping. Nice Saalbach signatures in the Soldbuch! As you propably alreadty know, Rudolf Saalbach later became commander of the SS-Panzeraufklärungsabteilung 11 "Nordland" and was also awarded the Knight´s Cross.
                          The tunic is not the same as on the photo. No way. But have you been told that it should be?

Comment

Hi guys , just got back from a short ( too short ) holiday , I think that there has been a slight mixup , maybe that I am too blame also .
                            the picture I posted is a painting of him wearing it .
                            I think that the used a original photo to make it , or that he posed for it , cant tell .
                            I thought that you guys saw it , but now I realize that you couldnt see the size of the painting in my photo that I posted , sorry for the confusion !

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                              Once again: excellent grouping. Nice Saalbach signatures in the Soldbuch! As you propably alreadty know, Rudolf Saalbach later became commander of the SS-Panzeraufklärungsabteilung 11 "Nordland" and was also awarded the Knight´s Cross.
                              The tunic is not the same as on the photo. No way. But have you been told that it should be?
                              Hi Ludwig , I saw that it was a painting , and I knew that this is the way it came from the family , so I am not concerned , thanks for the compliment !

Comment

I will try to get a bust to display it on to see the wrapper on the same angle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X