SS Panzer Grouping .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJC View Post
    What time does your museum open in the morning? And does it serve beer?

Agreed, post-war Gille signature.

Congratulations

Not too early ..
    Beer and Wodka .
    Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
      Speechless.

If posible can you put detailed scans from the documents and the Soldbuch?

Thanks for showing us this small treasure of history.

Angel
      Hi Angel , will do this weekend .

Rob.

Comment

There are a few readily apparent details on the pics Rob posted of his Stug which the fakers have not yet picked up on yet, granted, I have NOT held Rob's jacket in hand, however, from what I see I do believe it to be a good one, and I am also of the opinion to NOT post those details that will simply be incorporated into future fakes, some of the details are also seen on late war M43 wool and dot tunics, (and dot wrappers) and really are not hard to spot and some of those details are inherent to the wrappers themselves, but IMO have not been reproduced, so Im with Rob in refraining from posting them. I would love to see Rob's wrapper in person, perhaps on my next trip to Holland, were I to receive an invitation to do so, however, I believe it is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
          Untouched waffen SS wrapper from one of the most sought after division with all that documentation and urkunden, best SS lot I have seen so far in 2010

Thanks for sharing it. Could we se a backside picture of the arm eagle?
          Will do .
          Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
            There are a few readily apparent details on the pics Rob posted of his Stug which the fakers have not yet picked up on yet, granted, I have NOT held Rob's jacket in hand, however, from what I see I do believe it to be a good one, and I am also of the opinion to NOT post those details that will simply be incorporated into future fakes, some of the details are also seen on late war M43 wool and dot tunics, and really are not hard to spot and some of those details are inherent to the wrappers themselves, but IMO have not been reproduced, so Im with Rob in refraining from posting them. I would love to see Rob's wrapper in person, perhaps on my next trip to Holland, were I to receive an invitation to do so, however, I believe it is a good one.
            Scott , your welcome !

Comment

One of the nicest groupings i have seen posted here congrats

Best
              John

Comment

Rob,
                Congratulations on such a fantastic grouping and for posting an exceptional thread.

Gareth

Comment

Originally posted by Butch View Post
                  Rob,
                  Congratulations on such a fantastic grouping and for posting an exceptional thread.

Gareth
                  Hi mate , thank you very much !

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by MJC View Post
                    What time does your museum open in the morning? And does it serve beer?

Agreed, post-war Gille signature.

Congratulations
                    With "Waffen-SS im Einsatz" being published in 1953 I'd assume postwar signed.

But enjoyed my me as Hausser and Gille signed items (photos, books) but few with added dedications or rank/post, etc.

Comment

Rob,

I have traded some daggers and had almost forgotten about the chained ss that I sold to our mutual friend Tony.
                      After seeing your posting, I called him tonight. He reiterated that he was very happy with that nickel, chained ss which I sold him for GBP 2,900 (USD 4,600). He told me that he had the scabbard refurbished/repainted for GBP 100 and sold the dagger on for a nice profit. Last I saw the dagger, it was being offered on GDC by another collector. If I recall correctly, the asking price was USD 8,000.

I also offered a chained ss to a collector in the UK as a TRADE. He was sent the dagger for inspection. He decided that he did not want it and sent it back. I have since done a number of trades with the same collector and still keep in regular contact with him.

I do agree with you that the dagger you returned to me was a dagger that you had in hand at my house, examined, decided to purchase, paid cash for, and then returned a few weeks later.

What you have said about these collectors in the UK is complete BS. Call them yourself and ask them.

Doug

Comment

Great grouping!

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                          Rob,

I have traded some daggers and had almost forgotten about the chained ss that I sold to our mutual friend Tony.
                          After seeing your posting, I called him tonight. He reiterated that he was very happy with that nickel, chained ss which I sold him for GBP 2,900 (USD 4,600). He told me that he had the scabbard refurbished/repainted for GBP 100 and sold the dagger on for a nice profit. Last I saw the dagger, it was being offered on GDC by another collector. If I recall correctly, the asking price was USD 8,000.

I also offered a chained ss to a collector in the UK as a TRADE. He was sent the dagger for inspection. He decided that he did not want it and sent it back. I have since done a number of trades with the same collector and still keep in regular contact with him.

I do agree with you that the dagger you returned to me was a dagger that you had in hand at my house, examined, decided to purchase, paid cash for, and then returned a few weeks later.

What you have said about these collectors in the UK is complete BS. Call them yourself and ask them.

Doug
                          Doug , you are really something special .
                          there are MORE people involved here , but I will not post their names here , or bother them .
                          Actually , one of them isnt even on the net .
                          The dagger I bought from you at your house wouldnt open( because the the handle had to be taken of for the missing insignia ), and I called you the next day and told you that , THATS why the dagger came back .

You try to twist all around , and you are simply NOT telling the truth .

You sent me daggers that I bought Unseen , because I trusted you , but you sent me daggers in a BAD condition .
                          And you did that with more people . The thing is , Doug , you KNOW that I am right , and you know what you did is WRONG.

People know how you do your bussines Doug , and it is catching up on you .

Send me your adress so I can return the daggers .

Now , this is my last post on this subject .
                          Dont try to question an item posted here by me when you are someone that drives questionable deals.
                          Last edited by rob NL; 01-22-2010, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Outstanding grouping!!!

Rob,
                            Thank you for sharing

I also would like to ask the question to confirm that the piping on the shoulder straps is copper brown? It appears to be that color in the photos.
                            Thank you
                            Mike

Comment

Hello Rob,
                              I sent you your e-mail adresse, but I didnt got still answer and pictures.
                              best Lorenz

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                                Hello Rob,
                                I sent you your e-mail adresse, but I didnt got still answer and pictures.
                                best Lorenz
                                Lorenz , I had to make them , and I am quite busy actually .
                                So thats why you didnt get them yet .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X