Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS tunic - opinions !

Hello !

What I have just found. Looks worn and nice but some quetstions left after comparsion with textbook examples and some period photos. (Cuffs length, button holes and collar lining). Well marked and was produced in 1945. Here are photos for judgement.

Cheers,
    Alex

more

all !

Comment

I want you to check these photos first. They are from a faker in East Europe that had three (3) M43 uniforms on his site. ALL looked the same. Sold as original SS uniforms. He had M43 caps as well with the same lining as in his jackets and same wool. Note the same type of v-stitching in the neck, same type of internal grey buttons and same type of thread in stitching.

I hope i´m wrong and that you have a rare original M44, but i doubt it.

Take care.
      Here we go:
      Peter Wiking
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Peter Wiking; 01-22-2004, 11:22 AM.

Comment

One more:
        Attached Files

Comment

Last one:
          Attached Files

Comment

Peter !

Thank You for reply. I do not see a problems with eternal buttons - they are usual and well known for me. I have seen them on original uniform and on fakes as well. Thousands buttons this type survived the war (they are coming from battlefields as well) and fakers use them, I know this.

Two points interesting me on this M44 - button holes (stitching around) and backing of the collar. And may be cuff length ... Are they ok with late war style ? Over here is a lack of late war produced items and i have no other late war SS M44 for comparsion.

Is this possible to see a close up of lining materal from this fake M43 ? From Your photo I can't say that it has similar lining with my one.

Alex

Comment

No. The lining is not the same. Its the grey plastic buttons and type of thread used in the stitching that looks to be the same.

It looks like the wool cloth on your M44 is moth eaten (some holes), but lining is like new. That could be from bad storage

Are there any markings ?

I´m not saying that your M44 is a fake, just saying that you should be carefull.
              Fakers has no heart or love. All they want is our money and in exchange we get crapp.

Peter Wiking
              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 01-22-2004, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Marking

Yet, it has markings.

Comment

I would take Peters advice and pass on that one!! Sorry
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

hm.. I am not into SS uniforms too much.. but I was always thinking taht SS jackets have 5 buttons..

why You think this one was SS ??? please explain

Comment

Originally posted by Kuligow
                      hm.. I am not into SS uniforms too much.. but I was always thinking taht SS jackets have 5 buttons..

why You think this one was SS ??? please explain
                      Hello Mike
                      yes on the m-36 whermacht blouse used by the SS 5 button,s
                      on the m-40 wehrmacht blouse used by the SS also 5 button,s

then the ss got a differnt style then the wehrmacht 2 wraistholes and also 5 button,s ss-bw 42/43

but on the m-44 style they got the same tunic again as the wehrmacht
                      mostley see with 6 button,s but also sometime see with 5 button,s

Greeting,s johnny
                      sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Hi Kuligow.

The M43 pattern SS tunic had 5 buttons. The tunic I am refering here is M44 one.

This tunic has spots form ss collar patches and arm eagle - thats why I think it was SS.

Comment

OK thank You guys !!!!!

its very clear for me now

Comment

I see nothing wrong with your M44 tunic / the lining material conforms to known examples / if the price is right buy it and trust your own judgement / most experts AREN'T.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X