Eagle/skull from peaked hat, salty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle/skull from peaked hat, salty

Salty set, did not come together. Had these from the 70's, opinions welcome. Thanks Dexter

Salty but original imho

Comment

Certainly a nice Deschler skull, shame about the other pin.

Ian.

Comment

I can't help it... I like the salty stuff, if it wasn't "there" it holds less interest. Nothing against the collectors who like mint stuff, obviously they have made a better investment decision. Dexter

Comment

Originally posted by dhcoleterracina View Post
          I can't help it... I like the salty stuff, if it wasn't "there" it holds less interest. Nothing against the collectors who like mint stuff, obviously they have made a better investment decision. Dexter
          Although I am more of a mint collector your items have caracter and I think it was you that made the best investment many years ago!!

Comment

Insignia

BOY - That is a nice set of insignia. The worn stuff is tops, IMO. I own an early SS RZM visor cap that's pretty salty, too. I would NEVER trade my cap for one that was mint. The sweat staining on the sweatband - that's real SS DNA. I'm kinda joking, but it's true!!

Comment

Nice find salty and original

Comment

Salty pieces are also very worthy don't you guys forget that
                I like it very much. A Nice Deschler and a late war Assmann eagle.
                Beauties.

Comment

LUV the salties!!

Comment

D. , as I mentioned before - there is nothing like your fine " 6th sense " for salty items - you obviously did very well ..

A good friend of mine purchased several metal skulls based on this very feeling about 20 years ago also -
                    before the science on the markings was even established .

And guess what - he got them ALL right , quite an amazing accomplishment .. !
                    [ Apart from one 373-43 set - and who could blame him now ? ]

Still trying to get his beautiful zinc SP40 skull , which was mistakenly called " the Flemish one " at the time ..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X