• Show
Clear All

Bad insignia - now let see the tunic

Comment

Originally posted by Barzini View Post
      Bad insignia - now let see the tunic
      That's an understatement........

Comment

Well...I didn't think there would be much discussion after the bad insignia, odd cut of the collar and lapels and the definitive bad SS-BW stamp. I wil contribute more if more photos of sewing details are posted. I just can't see any way around that stamp right now.

Richard

Comment

Hi . okay thanks for your replys so far . tomorow i will get more on the sewing and liner inside .

Comment

Jacket Looks bad to me.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

you can tell its bad {tunic} by the button holes they are the CUT AFTER type germans used cut before machines,you can see material in between button keyholes.

Comment

Pic 11
                Attached Files

Comment

pic 12
                  Attached Files

Comment

pic 13

Comment

pic 14
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi . all . what it is there is wrong with the eagle and cufftitle and shoulderboards ?

Comment

Originally posted by frikorps-dk View Post
                          Hi . all . what it is there is wrong with the eagle and cufftitle and shoulderboards ?

Hi. Cufftitle is the "book mark" version produced post war (for veterans?).. TR Wiking ct was never made like this. The eagle is wrong construction also to known originals.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                            you can tell its bad {tunic} by the button holes they are the CUT AFTER type germans used cut before machines,you can see material in between button keyholes.

I dont think the cut before/cut after is a hard and fast rule. I certainly see much more often the cut before style of sewing, but have handled many pieces and own some that are one lookers that used the cut after, hard to say every german uniform maker throughout the reich and occupied territories used only one means of production, but I agree, the tunic looks very bad, however, they did stick some good male end neck closure hardware on there, unless they are making those "right" these days.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X