X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss visor cap opnions please

Comment

Cap

The eagle looks authentic, but is actually "Political." That's not to say they weren't worn by the SS as well. The traditional skull is authentic, but the red eyes were likely added, perhaps even by the wearer. I've seen the SS wearing funky-shaped early visor caps. I don't know if this is one of them. We'll let the early, non-RZM cap experts weigh in. If the cap DOES turn out to be original, look closely for OTHER holes where different insignias used to be. I certainly don't like the sweatband, which looks to be replaced.

Comment

No, the red pattern behind the skull is original and periodical. I've seen them on early and 36-pattern skulls on schiffchen's and visors. It's the same material used as in the cockade.

Comment

As I stated on the headgear forum, it is a real cap, just not an SS one. It is a Kaiserreich visor for the Braunschweig Hussars, which had an M-38 civilian eagle and chinstrap added.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

very nice. ah, also see a bottle of good whiskey in the background.

Comment

I can now see that the insignia were put postwar. You see that the insignia are not "organic" wit the cap.

Comment

Cap

What would be the appropriate insignia for such a cap?

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=389829
                  Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                  teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X