Grey allgemeine SS question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey allgemeine SS question.

During the transition to the grey M32 uniform was the red brassard EVER worn with this uniform ??Ive heard conflicting things,since the eagle wasnt introduced yet I know they wore nothing on the sleeve in most cases but now Im hearing they also wore the brassard with the uniform during this transitional period.is this true?Was teh SS armband ever worn on the erdgrau uniform?
    Id appreciate an educated response PLEASE.
    Also why dont we see too many of thes grey Allgemeine uniforms,I mean they wore them during the war correct?there isnt even 1 example other than SD version on teh forum!Where are all these erdgrau or even feldgrau Allgemeine tunics?Im starting to consider the SS may have continued to wear teh black uniforms during the war,since so very few grey ones have surfaced.I realize the Allgemeine SS was severly depleted due to drafting into the Waffen SS but there stilol WERE many general SS men,where are there uniforms?why no examples?

I assume you mean earth Grey, here is a partly shot of a field green VT open neck Gen. tunic.
    They are for my view way harder to find then the black tunics.
    Attached Files

Comment

another one, this is a light weight private tailored one.
      The matching pants are in the Beaver book shown, done from the same material.
      Attached Files

Comment

the bottom one is the earthgrey right?also a dove grey one for high leaders.did they wear armbands with early m32 without eagles?

Comment

first and second is the same one, I call it field grey. But I can tell you it is very light pending as it looks sometimes even more grey like in the 2nd photo. This example has an eagle to it.

Comment

I think this is the grey allgemeine one right? dove grey color for high leaders,the feldgrey one is much greener and darker i believe.

Comment

Robert Himmler here is wearing the fieldgrey one much darker than yours I believe yours to be the dove grey version not unlike the ribbentrop tunic here on the forum,

Comment

I believe the early allgemeine ss/sd tunics are the earthgrey,then the dove grey like yours for high leaders,then the fieldgrey like the himmler type.Then there are the VT type ofcourse that range from fieldgrey to stone grey to medium grey first in 35 and the LAH had their own light grey version of the firts feldgrey in 37 according to the osprey book.
                Anyone that can clarify this or has more info please chime in.
                but also back to first question were the red ss armbands ever worn on a grey ss tunic?

Comment

FIeld Grey Uniform Withy Brassard

Here is a poor picture of Eicke wearing the field grey uniform with brassard. Ref: Angolia's Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd Edition, 1989, Page 157.

Charles Betz
                  Attached Files

Comment

wheres the pic? oops see it nowthanks alot!!!!!any others!!!
                    Last edited by wewelsburg; 10-22-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Charles,

Have you got another scan for those of us who don't have tunnel vision?

Comment

Hi Wewelsburg,

Here is a partial image of a NCO tunic. This is probably from about 1940 and has the sleeve eagle. You can see the A-SS style shoulder strap in the photo.

Thank you,
                        George
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wewelsburg, the answer to your question is yes. The early grey (earth and/or field grey) SS uniforms were worn with the brassard/armband. I cant post photos unfortunetly but there are many period photos of such. I am speaking of published reference books....."Totenkopf" and "Leibstandarte 1933-42" by Hiemdal to name a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by David T View Post
                            Wewelsburg, the answer to your question is yes. The early grey (earth and/or field grey) SS uniforms were worn with the brassard/armband. I cant post photos unfortunetly but there are many period photos of such. I am speaking of published reference books....."Totenkopf" and "Leibstandarte 1933-42" by Hiemdal to name a couple.
                            This practice was eliminated in 1934. During this early period, they also wore the black visor with the grey uniform.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X