SS Membership Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Membership Pin

Quick question. I know the majority of the SS Membership Pins are fakes, and have read that they are fantasy pieces. If there are fakes, doesn't it stand to reason that the fakes were based on something? This cap has been fitted onto a walking stick. The Pin has the type of enamel we typically see in period pins, and the porcelain enamel exhibits fine age cracks and the entire piece seems to exhibit a period patina. I appreciate any thoughts on this subject.
    Attached Files

Quick answer . Not a fake , but a fantasy - meaning no period version ( too large , white runes ) existed ..

Comment

Originally posted by ww2germanhelmet View Post
      If there are fakes, doesn't it stand to reason that the fakes were based on something?
      Not necessarily. There are lots of fake items, which are based on nothing but the creative imaginations of the fakers.

Comment

It's definitly not from a stick pin, and I think that pin has been discussed before on this forum,Sonny

Comment

I agree, it is a fantasy. Why? Because an SS enamel membership pin in THIS design never existed. Period. The membership civil stickpin was made by Hoffstader in Bonn, with a raised trademark and the chronological pin number, NOT the guy's SS number. Gahr also made a civil SS stickpin, usually in 800 silver, but the design is not this one. Bad as bad can be. IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X