Waffen ss aiguilette questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen ss aiguilette questions...

I have an early black SD officers complete uniform and was wondering if the silver braided officers aiguilitte would be appropriate for display purposes? One is being offered for sale that in the write-up states," waffen ss officers aigulette later style". Would a SD officer wear one and what exactly does that braided rope imply? Is a waffen ss aiguilette different than an algm. one?
    If my questions implies ignorance I confess your honor!

Angolia gives a prewar date of issue to the end of 1938, when these would be authorized for wear. This was a full year before the Waffen SS even existed. I doubt if there ever was "Waffen SS" aigulette. There was barely time for the Alg. to be issued and worn, let alone a Waffen example. How about a picture?

Comment

Interesting, thanks and any idea of the significance of such a device? It sure would dress up a uniform and would stand out in a crowd as long as not all the men were wearing them.

Comment

In case you look to get one of these black/silver early Cords, just study them enough. 95% or what ever the number is out there are nice done copy's. Also the ones with the metal pips are mostly copy's out on the market.

Comment

http://www.military-antiques-stockho...mage_70253.jpg

Not sure if I have this working correctly but here's a photo on Peters v Lucaks website.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X