SS Rank Tab-Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Rank Tab-Original?

I picked this up at a gun show last February. Only at the time it sported terrible East German piping, which a member of TRF told me was fake but that he believed the pips were 100% original. He believed the piping was removed during the war for camo (a common practice wth officers) and post-war a strand was attached, so I removed the piping and he likes the tab 100%. However, I'd like to get a few more opinions. Thanks a lot!

Hi Briq;

IMHO the tab is a reproduction. The tab itself is too thin and long. The wool is cut improperly as well. Do a search on collar tabs here as there are plenty of them posted for you to review.
    Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Collar Patch

So what are we supposed to be looking at .... ????? What are we looking for ..... ? You could at least provide the forum with a link or an image to see,instead we have to go looking for it. Or am I getting this all wrong ..... ? I have have looked at the thirdreichforum ..... ? I cant find anything. David

Comment

I didn't realize TRF didn't allow me to post my own images.

Can anyone lead me to a specific page concerning this tab?

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3
          So what are we supposed to be looking at .... ????? What are we looking for ..... ? You could at least provide the forum with a link or an image to see,instead we have to go looking for it. Or am I getting this all wrong ..... ? I have have looked at the thirdreichforum ..... ? I cant find anything. David
          Tony and many others here do this to stop fakers picking up how to create "originals".
          Like Tony says, the cutting on it is wrong.

Cheers.
          Peter Wiking

Comment

does anyone have an original tab of this they can post to compare?

also, is it maybe Teno or NSKK? I know they had the same ranks. Maybe Rad, I know Rad had longer tabs. thanks

Comment

Time to quit fishin dude. It's a fake IMHO of course.
              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

still would like a pic of original examples to compare it too, that's not too much to ask, is it?

Comment

I told you earlier, do a search on SS collar tabs. There's a ton of them posted here!
                  Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X