No announcement yet.

A Visit to Sachsenhausen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hospital or operating theatre in post 24 is what i remember most from my visit in 1990. The wall had just come down and Sachsenhausen is in former DDR. It has been spruced up somewhat since my visit. Back then it felt like noone had touched it since 1945.

I'm not a sensitive person but there was definitely an aura or something there on a gloomy November morning.

As I recall some commemorations of the Todmarsch are very nearby.

Comment

well, some have said that the Sachsenhausen camp is one of the most errie places. I have visit Dachau and i think Dachau spooked me alot (perhaps because that day was also glommy on a winter day).

The Sachsenhausen visit was done in the morning and the was bright sun shinning and all. it didnt seem that errie.

Comment

As far as I know, we were also told that some of the camp blocks were torched (lighted on fire) by some Neo nazis. those burnt blocks have since been re-restored.

Comment

This camp is on my "must visit" list. Very sobering. Thank you for the great pics!

Comment

superb lighting conditions here...brings it home that in places like this, as back then, the sun can shine. in a sense, far more appropriate that over decorated organized religious warehouses of today, churches, cathedrals, these places may be the true zones worthy of giving worship, of praying; where such communication may be...'heard'.

Comment

thanks again for the kind comments.

If anyone has photos of this camp, please feel free to post.

Have a great weekend all!

Comment

Pottery

I liked the pottery. The bowl on the left was made by "BOHEMIA" of Czechoslovakia and I'm sure they survived the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X