No announcement yet.

dot camo in question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are not from Rob at Gmax. He was the first to see the pics. He has never seen that pattern. His concern was the ringed effect on the front. I am still looking for opinions guys!! Keep the posts coming!!

Comment

Im not an expert on these M-44s but what I see, Im not fond of the camo pattern.

Best regards, Tom

Comment

Hello
        A close-up of the weave on the HBT reverse would be better , if the HBT is real then they might have a chance to be real , but if the HBT is bad then , well it is just a fake/repro .
        Regards
        P-Y

Comment

The HB colth is not typical wartime type .
          It is VERY even with no blemish .
          owen

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            The HB colth is not typical wartime type .
            It is VERY even with no blemish .
            owen

Good point Owen, the cloth is typical of Janke, At the front and others which shows a very high quality textile and weave with no irregularties in the thickness or thinness of the cloth weave, which is not a good sign for original hbt, and something that in my mind would disqualify them as originals on that basis alone.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Well, regarding the Janke theory, there was a thread earlier on this week and several examples of Janke HBT posted. I dont think this fabric looks like Janke. I didnt even think that comparison would come up. And the print is nothing like the janke patterns i have seen (??).. keep the comments coming please.. Has anyone ever seen this pattern??

EDIT...I will get a pic of the reverse side tomorrow and post it..I dont have the pants here.

Comment

I dont think they are Janke's, as they to my knowledge never incorporated the roller misses, at the front does not either, (they did do some smock runs incorporating irregularties when they were producing the cloth, which has now been outsourced), however, the weave of the fabric is from the outside typical of most repros, including Janke, in the sheer regularity of the the weave, and quality of the base material. I've not seen a dot pattern like this, granted, Im not MIcheal Beaver, nor have I handled 100's of pieces, but it does not strike me as right or real based upon what I look for.

Comment

rear.. looks faded above the boot line...The flash is making them look lighter.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Scott .
                    The side tab metal looks nice and rusty though .
                    But after looking at the whiteness of the cammo print it is looking even worse .
                    Typical of screen printed fabric and not vat dyed .
                    owen

Comment

thanks for looking . I can still get a refund so any info is valuable to me.

Comment

Guys I'm a little late in joining in this discussion. There is an excellent thread which covers the SS dot camo pattern on this website. Here is an example of the pattern with the break down of the five primary colors that make up the pattern.

The key is to study the real pattern first. Then you will be able to see the imperfections of the reproduction patterns made after the war.

I'll post the link to the thread I was mentioning soon.

regards,
                        Remy
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the link to the thread which started an excellent discussion regarding original vs reproduction WSS dot camo.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=184388

Comment

Hello,
                            a bad fake, HBT and spots, color , construction etc..
                            Lorenz

Comment

reverse side,...comments?
                              Attached Files

Comment

They are still fake trousers.
                                Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X