LAH Photo - What Period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Photo - What Period?

I am interested in knowing what year or years this photo dates from. I am thinking it is pre-war? Also, is this uniform field-grey or earth brown? All opinions are welcome.

Barry
    Attached Files

I wonder if we'll hear something to the effect of "those collar tabs look a bit longer than customary" from anyone . . . ?

Comment

My shot in the dark is 36-37.. Billbert

Comment

Thanks so far men. Here's some more information about the soldier. He was born on 22 August 1920, so I would imagine that he would have been at least seventeen if not eighteen at the time this photo was taken, which would date this photo at 1937-1938. I am still interested in knowing if his uniform was field-grey or earth-brown. Also, what is the small badge on his left upper pocket? Incidentally, I know the soldier's complete career from 13 November 1939 to 15 February 1943, when he was killed in Russia. He was a personal bodyguard of Hitler - and I mean personal. He served as a guard at the Reichskanzlei and the Berghof in Berchtesgaden.

Comment

I ll also mention since the skull button on his cap is painted and not bright metal that would put it closer to wartime IMO.. the thing on his pocket looks like suspended on leather or ribbon..sort of looks like the skull cap button too!!JMHO Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
          X