Hard bound ss Leitheft 1944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard bound ss Leitheft 1944

To get into the Black, look for the GREEN!
    Found this bound book with 2 1944 leitheft inside - Heft 6 and 7. Each one is about 50 pages. Anyone know why these 2 would be bound together? Anyone have bound volumes such as these? I suppose it was a common practice to preserve these easily destroyed pamphlets.

The decorations on the spine resemble those of the decorated covers by Kloecker!

While I have seen bound leithefts in full year runs offered for sale in the past,
    I think your 2 heften were privately bound at a later date maybe even in 70's or later.
    It reminds me of the library re-binding jobs I used to see in Librarys.

Doesnt the white pages at the front and back look like modern white paper with modern brighteners? It appears too bright for pre-45

I personally have pre-1945 bound year runs of various Ahnenerbe Germanien Heften and I know of SS newspapers and other nazi newpapers bound in year runs. So this was done for sure.

I also have years worth of an Alfred Rosenberg magazine that was obviously collected and privately bound about 25 years ago, either for a private collector or a library and obviosly an American collector as some of the individual magazines have old U.S. university library stamps on the inside covers

final thought: the original Leitheft covers seem to exhibet more wear than one would expect to see if they had seen all these decades safely protected inside those hard covers.

Granted I can not see them in person, but these are my thoughts on your question.
    --MF

Comment

Booklet

Great observations by Mr. Fay. The discoloration of the edges of the pages compared to the bright white paper tells the tale. The outside of the jacket looks too new also.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It does seem to be a post WW2 binding - I'd guess the 1960's or 70's perhaps. The exteriors of the leithefts are well worn. The white pages are not as stark white as they appear in the photos due to the camera flash, but they are not as dark as the leitheft pages either.

Comment

bound Germanien

Who has some of these bound Germanien heft to show and/or to sell??
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X