Ss-holland 1940

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss-holland 1940

Hello Just wanted to share this pic that I found in a magazine from the city I was born in holland the germans called it HERZOGENBOSCH
    it is one of the major city,s in holland also during a period there was a regiment of the tottenkopf stationed

On the pic you can see two civilian,s one is the mayor VAN LANSCHOT ( yes from the international bank van lanschot )

the other one is the policechief VON STAAL

THE PICTURE IS TAKEN ON THE MARKETSQUARE IN THE CITY S,HERTOGENBOSCH

greeting,s johnny
    Attached Files
    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

BEVO Eagles.....

I think you have just missed one on Ebay he wanted $100 for it. David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3
      I think you have just missed one on Ebay he wanted $100 for it. David
      Great pic John!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They did not collaborate! No, no, no… Not sympathizing at all….
        The NSB and the SS Niederlande in 43, a "domonstration gegen Bolschewismus" says the KP.

Marc

Comment

s'Hertogenbosch!!

Home of my favourite painter, Hieronymous Bosch!!

Here he is.
          Attached Files

Comment

And one of his paintings.

400 years BEFORE Salvador Dali.

Ever heard the phrase.....'Blow it out your ass'.....??!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robin, looks as we have more than one thing we like in common.

Bosch and Dali are my faforites too. Although I also particularly loooove the “Nachtwacht”.

The enclosed picture represents a painting/ drawing that the master made for me in Cadaques (Spain) when he visited the place I used to work (Diving). To make a long story short; he used to invite young men and girls to keep him company and would give them such items. My former boss had a banana box full!!!!

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                s'Hertogenbosch!!

Home of my favourite painter, Hieronymous Bosch!!

Here he is.
                Hi Robin & Marc,
                That's too much! I like Bosch myself.
                You guys must have an occult side to you. On the subject of art, wasn't t there
                a painting from the 1800's which showed a figure who had an almost exact likeness to AH? (impossible as AH was not born yet). Does this painting ring a bell with you? Or was this just hearsay?

Regards,
                .. John

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN
                  Hello Just wanted to share this pic that I found in a magazine from the city I was born in holland the germans called it HERZOGENBOSCH
                  it is one of the major city,s in holland also during a period there was a regiment of the tottenkopf stationed

On the pic you can see two civilian,s one is the mayor VAN LANSCHOT ( yes from the international bank van lanschot )

the other one is the policechief VON STAAL

THE PICTURE IS TAKEN ON THE MARKETSQUARE IN THE CITY S,HERTOGENBOSCH

greeting,s johnny
                  Johnny,
                  Great pic. Thanks for sharing!
                  Regards,
                  .. John

Comment

Originally posted by John Bart
                    Hi Robin & Marc,
                    That's too much! I like Bosch myself.
                    You guys must have an occult side to you. On the subject of art, wasn't t there
                    a painting from the 1800's which showed a figure who had an almost exact likeness to AH? (impossible as AH was not born yet). Does this painting ring a bell with you? Or was this just hearsay?

Regards,
                    .. John
                    John.
                    In 1889, the year Hitler was born, the German artist Franz von Stuck painted a work called 'die Wilde Jagd' (the wild hunt') in which the Norse god Wotan rode a horse, leading a charge of mayhem and destruction. Wotan bore an
                    uncanny resemblance to Hitler. Here's the painting. See how it's all black, white and red - the colours of the Third Reich. It's just a strange coincidence - or is it more??
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 05-22-2004, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                      John.
                      In 1889, the year Hitler was born, the German artist Hans von Stuck painted a work called 'die Wilde Jagd' (the wild hunt') in which the Norse god Wotan rode a horse, leading a charge of mayhem and destruction. Wotan bore an
                      uncanny resemblance to Hitler. Here's the painting. See how it's all black, white and red - the colours of the Third Reich. It's just a strange coincidence - or is it more??
                      Robin,
                      Yes, that's the painting I was thinking of! Yes, quite an eerie coincidence.
                      "or is it more?? ".........perhaps von Stuck was prophetic?
                      Fascinating. Thanks for posting this.
                      Regards,
                      .. John

Comment

That painting is great, I'll second the thanks for posting it. Scary resemblance indeed (although my purely rationalist 'weltanschaung' [I'm bound to have spelled that word wrong!] doesn't allow for prescience, it's a likeness of Hitler indeed - if it had a swastika as well and was carbon dated, I'd have to readjust my thoughts completely).

I note Rommel had a Hitler type mo when he was young. Must have been a relatively common fashion back then, late 1800's-early1900's?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X