Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss cap skull

Hello all,
    From reading the threads on this forum I understand that Assman made cap skulls with the number 155/36 for that year of manufacturing. Can any body tell me if this was done in 38? I am thinking about purchasing a skull that is numbered 155/38 if authentic. I could not find this number in any of the known fakes,however I also could not find this in any of the known good numbers either. I look forward to hearing from the experts many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Regards Steve

Originally posted by steve becker View Post
    Hello all,
    From reading the threads on this forum I understand that Assman made cap skulls with the number 155/36 for that year of manufacturing. Can any body tell me if this was done in 38? I am thinking about purchasing a skull that is numbered 155/38 if authentic. I could not find this number in any of the known fakes,however I also could not find this in any of the known good numbers either. I look forward to hearing from the experts many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Regards Steve
    Whoa, slow down, there, Steve.

I am glad to see someone doing some research on their own, but you need to be a little more careful. Assmann made eagles with the number 155/36 (also 155/38 and 155/42). However, Assmann never made any 155-marked skulls in any year, as far as has ever been documented. A skull with a 155 mark is [almost] certainly fake.

Brad

Comment

Hello,
      I hope I am doing this right. Thank you for setting the record straight If you open this thread you will see why I had some confusion about the maker marks. Perhaps if this post is in error it should be pulled as it could be misleading
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...s+cap+insignia

Comment

Originally posted by steve becker View Post
        Hello,
        I hope I am doing this right. Thank you for setting the record straight If you open this thread you will see why I had some confusion about the maker marks. Perhaps if this post is in error it should be pulled as it could be misleading
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...s+cap+insignia
        As that is a very old thread, the earlier posts contain errors. Even though the entire thread spans years, I am not certain whether even the later posts even completely reflect what we now know to be correct. Here is a list of original markings, which I believe to be current:

SKULLS:

<O</OUnmarked; Unknown, often attributed incorrectly to Deschler & Sohn<O</O
        RZM D.&S.M. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker w:st="on">GES</st1:stockticker>. GESCH.; Deschler & Sohn<O</O
        RZM <st1:stockticker w:st="on">GES</st1:stockticker>. GESCH.; Deschler & Sohn<O</O
        RZM 52; Deschler & Sohn<O</O
        RZM M1/52; Deschler & Sohn<O</O
        RZM 254/42; Deschler & Sohn
        RZM 499/41; Fritz Zimmermannn<O</O
        RZM M1/24; Overhoff & Cie.<O</O
        S.P.40; Unknown, possibly Overhoff & Cie.<O</O
        Unmarked; E. W. Assmann & Söhne
        <st1:stockticker w:st="on">GES</st1:stockticker>. GESCH.; E. W. Assmann & Söhne
        <O</O

EAGLES:

<O</ORZM 394-35; Unknown<O</O
        RZM M1/52; Deschler & Sohn<O</O
        RZM M1/17; E. W. Assmann & Söhne<O</O
        RZM SS 155/36; E. W. Assmann & Söhne<O</O
        RZM SS 155/38; E. W. Assmann & Söhne<O</O
        RZM SS 155/42; E. W. Assmann & Söhne<O</O
        Unmarked; E. W. Assmann & Söhne<O</O
        RZM M1/24; Overhoff & Cie.<O</O
        RZM M1/72; Fritz Zimmermannn<O</O
        RZM SS 499/42 M1/72; Fritz Zimmermannn<O</O
        RZM SS M1/167; Augustin Hicke<O</O
        RZM M1/8; Ferdinand Wagner<O</O
        RZM SS 475/39; Ferdinand Wagner<O</O
        RZM SS 475/42; Ferdinand Wagner<O</O
        E.S. PF.; Unknown, possibly Eugen Schmidhäussler, <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1Pforzheim</ST1</st1:City><O</O

Comment

Bwanek,

is this the complete list?

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
            Bwanek,

is this the complete list?
            I believe it to be a complete list of known originals.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X