No announcement yet.

SS collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO the rune tab is bad. Not the kind of stitching I like of the runes and bad buckram!

//Felix

Comment

Hi Nick I agree with Feliz the rune tab IMO does not look right but I do like the TK tab.

Rene Chavez
      http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

my thoughts are rune tab is not original, constuction of runes embroidery too shallow in depth of embroidery
        can't fault skull tab apart from maybe 'f' label, may be copy
        not sure on any reverse of tabs, too much overlap for my liking

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for your replies and time!
          I'll try to return the SS tab.

I've made two more pictures from the skull tab. I hope these pictures make things clear for you.

Closeup from the skull:

Close up from the buckram:

Comment

The runic collar tab loosk like an original that has been re-shaped and re-mounted to better fit a tunic with NCO tresse.

The skull tab also looks good, but I have rarely seen such bad ozidation on a skull tab. The buckram appears to have very much glue which could be from exposure to excess moisture, causing the glue to leach to the reverse.

They are both not the top examples, but I am leaning to believe both are original.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I always like to see one additional stich on one point of the skull, in my collection all have this stitch on all embroidered examples but lately I see many they donĀ“t show this detail. Maybe this is accepted maybe not, but I personal stay away from it for my personal taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                The runic collar tab loosk like an original that has been re-shaped and re-mounted to better fit a tunic with NCO tresse.

Bob Hritz
                if BH said this... i put my hands over my head .

keep it.

i was quite sure about my idea... i must learn more and more again.

Comment

...i confused the "BOB" by the way... also BH (i would mean BOB W) has experience.

Comment

Hello Bob,

Thank you very much for your opinion!
                    Indeed, too bad it has such oxidation, but glad to hear you like it. I was quite sure myself about this one.

Robert, what do you mean with the additional stich?

Kind regards,
                    Nick

Comment

Tabs

The rank tab could also be SA, but I don't know what the paper is on the back.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X