RZM? Crap Ola?
            Attached Files

Comment

back of LAH. Nice added mud touch?
              Attached Files

Comment

Both bad, sorry.

Comment

The "Adolf Hitler" and "RFSS" titles are both postwar reproductions.
                  The lettering on both is very crude -- very unlke the originals I've seen
                  in my 50+ years of collecting. Note that the runes on the RFSS title
                  are nowhere near identical in size and construction. The spacing
                  between the RFSS letters is also not true. The story is the same for the aluminum multi-strand borders on these two -- very unlike originals --
                  even among the variants I know to exist. I have originals in the RZM mode that bear anywhere from 5 to 10 alu. strands, but they appear distinct and evenly spaced so they do not appear mottled as on these examples. The reference book by Angolia and the more recent text by
                  Wlliamson show excellent examples of these two titles for the sake of
                  comparison.

Comment

I neglected to mention that the backing cloth on the LAH title is
                    completely incorrect, as on RZM titles it should be rayon/silk with
                    embroidered edges, and the edge of the backng cloth should extend out to the edge of the title edges themselves. Lastly, the RZM/SS paper tag is a complete fabrication. Too wide, incorrect design, etc., Most any SS reference will give a proper design for these.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I had a feeling they were not the real deal.

Comment

I suppose

I suppose this "ddelich" GUy knows what he is talking about....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X