MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lest we think nothing good comes from estates anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lest we think nothing good comes from estates anymore!

In 25 years at this, is mostly US stuff, and 2 or 3 hundred house and estate calls...this is the ONLY SS officer (or EM for that matter) visor I have found. From the estate of a Finnish NH man who served in the 95th Division came this lovely crusty piece, along with a bahnschutzpolizie early dark blue EM, a plain M42 helmet, a 1937 Luft Flak tunic with drop wing eagle and some armbands etc. Sadly, the SS had a Luft eagle and a simple cockade, he must have found it stripped and put pins on there that were at hand. I found 2 more Luft eagles in the pocket of the coat, he must have found a little bunch of them. Its dirty, smokey and a bit crushed but lovely. You all know makers and styles...any input on the maker, era or etc? I will try to put up self-hosted images and pray it works. Thanks, I just had to share the wealth, and YES Virginia, there IS a Santa Clause!

Seem like an nice ss officer visor. Send it to me! Reg. Gisle

Comment

Originally posted by norge View Post
      Seem like an nice ss officer visor. Send it to me! Reg. Gisle

And you are not alone...
      Great find, every collector deserve some luck from time to time

It looks like a clemens and wagner.
      Beautiful saddle shape and I would ask BenVk to restore the sweatband..

Comment

u r in luck mate!

Comment

Thats a proper saddle shape visor!

Thanks for sharing!

//Felix

Comment

nice to hear such positive feedback!

Occasionally one gets run through the ringer on high end and frequently faked items, and its so nice to find one that will be appreciated and will garner the right kind of feedback. This hat, with no insignia even, is worth all the semi-real, sort of old, may-be-OK and totally bogus ones at the MAX plus some, to me. I would complete it but I am a US guy really, and more WWI. I would not know where to start finding the right badges. Would they be aluminum or silvered metal? How much would a real set run me (I am sitting down, so tell the truth!)

Comment

LoL Virgina there is a Santa Clause heh.

Nice Cap.

Are you going to be selling the RR Security Cap?

My friend collects RR Security items and if so I can tell him.

John

Comment

Congratulations, great find. That's the dream of every German visor collector.

Comment

Originally posted by Niederlande View Post
                  And you are not alone...
                  Great find, every collector deserve some luck from time to time

It looks like a clemens and wagner.
                  Beautiful saddle shape and I would ask BenVk to restore the sweatband..
                  It certainly is a nice cap, will be nice to see when insignia are added.

Which leads me to a question; would clemens and wagner have used any specific maker of cap badges for this one? Or would it be 'anything goes'?

Comment

Very nice estate sale find Congrats

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X