Maria Theresia Tab in Bullion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maria Theresia Tab in Bullion

Here is a rarity that just fell in my lap.

I don't normally collect foreign volunteer insignia, so perhaps I have simply not noticed them before, but I can't recall ever having seen this tab in bullion, other than in period photographs. I am at least pretty sure that a loose tab hasn't been shown on the forum before, so I thought I should share it.

The bullion has an unfortunate bit of oxidation, but the rest of the tab is absolutely perfect. It is a superb bit of hand embroidery on fine doeskin.
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

looks bad to me

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
        looks bad to me
        I have no doubt whatsoever about its authenticity.

Comment

Looks very good to me. I wish it had fallen in my lap.

Comment

Well

Anytime something "falls" into my Lap I am usually at a Strip Club.

Comment

I've only seen 1 period clear photo of an embroidered tab, it's on an officer and piped. Is the most attractive of the foreign tab designs.

Comment

Tab

The RZM tag is fine. Interesting to see the hand written hersteller. This could be a problem for some, but it sets fine with me. I think the tab is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                  I've only seen 1 period clear photo of an embroidered tab, it's on an officer and piped. Is the most attractive of the foreign tab designs.
                  Mark, I believe you are referring to this photo of Anton Ameiser.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is a comparison of my tab and a standard machine-embroidered tab with the one in the above photo:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is one more photo from this forum showing what appears to me to also be a hand-embroidered tab:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                        Mark, I believe you are referring to this photo of Anton Ameiser.

Yes, it was also in my recently released book on SS Cavalry German Cross in Gold holders. I had not seen the other photo you've posted with a similar tab.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                          Here is a comparison of my tab and a standard machine-embroidered tab with the one in the above photo:

I like it I'll be very happy to have it in my collection!

Rene Chavez
                          http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

I would also be happy to have this in my collection.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Looks like a very nice original, that is a second time I see an officer version. Congratulations!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X