No announcement yet.

Ss leitheft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And finally once in a while you can find examples of these late produced "Magazines" named SS Heftet. This is vol 1 1944.

AH
    Attached Files

Comment

Personally i find it more appealling to collect both text and "items". I guess that the combination of both gives me more than just the one alone

AH
      Attached Files

Comment

Mr. Thomassen

Would you be kind enough to publish a translation to the "My Heritage" poem for me?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
          I keep it in a Mylar envelope.

Bob Hritz
          THANKS, BOB!!!!

Comment

Great Posts, particularly from Mr. Thomassen. I haven't seen many of the Norwegian Leithefte.

Attached is my own contribution to the thread. These booklets are great collectibles in my opinion, the aesthetic presentation of the covers alone being great for display.

BAV
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Albrecht View Post
              Great Posts, particularly from Mr. Thomassen. I haven't seen many of the Norwegian Leithefte.

Attached is my own contribution to the thread. These booklets are great collectibles in my opinion, the aesthetic presentation of the covers alone being great for display.

BAV

I agree,
              these illustrated covers are more than interesting and pleasing to the eye, in fact this one , like some, is suffused with the symbolic translation of SS ideology where it meets with SS religious ideas.
              Well, that is , as far as I am concerned on the matter.

Comment

That´s so true, Michael!

One can find grapes on the Jultruhe and spikes on wooden plates celebrating Thanksgiving - in UK it might be called harvest festival.

And many thanks to Mr. Thomassen for posting these very rare issues of the Leithefte - I would like to see more of that!

Comment

Another SS Leitheft cover

Here is another interesting cover from the archive...The inside of the cover page states the idea of the cover art to be "die reine Flamme" or the "symbol of the victim the pure Flame whom consumes itself" - I wonder what the title of the cover art directly above my post indicates about the wheat basket??

The photo from this issue of the "Bauernmadchen" melts my heart...

Anyone else want to post the more artistic Leitheft covers? Would love to see more SS symbology from these covers!

Last edited by Capt. R; 07-05-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X