Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on TK Tab

Good day all,

Recently I listed a TK tab on the E-stand for what I thought was a pretty fair price. It didn't sell so I threw it on ebay the other night with a "buy-it-now" price of $600. I bought this tab a while ago from a Forum member who got it from a respected Forum member who is very schooled in Waffen-SS & Allg-SS cloth.

I received the following e-mail this AM from a guy in Chicago via ebay: "Hi, I just wanted you to know that the collar tab you have up for auction is a 1970s era replica. I used to deal and collect many waffen ss and totenkopf items and know for sure this is a copy. We used to be able to purchase them in bundles of 10 for $3.00 each (30 for the 10 tabs). Thank you for your time"

So the question is, is this tab actually bad?? I researched the crap out of these prior to buying it and saw enough on here with positive comments that I was convinced it was fine. I still think it's fine, but will defer to the opinions of you who are more knowledgable in this area than I. If it's crap I'll end the auction and throw the tab out.

Any help you can provide would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Bob
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Glauben

Don't believe him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Don't believe him.
        yes

Comment

It is 100% original. No question.

Comment

FIne original tab. Would love to buy a few of the bundles now.

Comment

Yes, these are fake. They were made by a well known gentleman named 'Al Haag'.

Sorry, I just couldn't help it...

Yes, 100% original!

Kind regards,
              Gerd V

Comment

Thanks guys, you confirmed my feelings. Just goes to show the sort of people you have to deal with on ebay.
                Last edited by Waffenreich; 04-19-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I can't believe you got this comment from Rick S. He was a prominent SS collector at one time, but quit collecting years and years ago, and I never heard anything about him since. He was Bob Hritz's partner at all the early shows I went to. Anyhow, his knowledge is way outdated, and wrong in this case. I just can't think what motivated him to come out of hiding and bother you like this...

Tom

Comment

Understand Tom. I'm kind of torn, I'd like to tell him he's out of touch and way off base, but my better judgment says to just ignore him. If he's a Forum member I hope he reads this as he needs to get a clue and get his story straight. I don't doubt that at one time tabs could be bought for $3 each, but this wasn't one of them.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Best regards!!

Comment

Tk

Hey Bob
                      Do you really want the guy to read this after you called him a d-----?

Brian
                      Last edited by BDE; 04-20-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Honestly Brian I could care less. Before a guy contacts somebody with some really "credible" sounding intel he ought to either do his homework to make sure he's talking about the same item or pull back and evaluate the impact of what he's saying (better yet, he should do both!). In the unlikely event I would have knee-jerked and ended the listing then anybody interested in bidding would have been shanked. Even though I've been collecting for 30+ years I won't even start to say I'm mister know-it-all and his statement caused me to scratch my head and wonder if there was any legitamacy to his claim.

Bottom line is I think the guy was teeing-up a cheap buy.

Comment

Re: Tk

Hey Bob,
                          I thought your choice of words was humorous that all.

Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X