No announcement yet.

Legion Niederlande Arm Shield Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one has dark blue instead of light blue, as Karel's beautiful shield.
    Attached Files

Comment

The back of some original NSB cloth patches, note constructions method and materials.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hope it helps, here some of my Frw.Legion Niederlande cloth insignias

regards,

Max
        Last edited by Sagittario; 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

what a fantastic nsb shield max !!!

superb !!

regards johan

Comment

Originally posted by Sagittario View Post
            @krieg777, watermarks can be removed as you can see from the original picture I made.
            Can you please send me a pm telling who is this guy?
            ??? still waiting...........

Comment

shield

WowSagittario, that's a nice collection I would love to see in my treasurebox!

Comment

It's been a while , but it may be of interest to include in this thread the following picture of a period brochure .

Dutch nurses in the D.R.K. ..
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting. Dind't know of this. Very interesting.
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                    Here are some variations .. ! Picture as posted by Mario ( " Coco " ) 4 years ago . The one that started this thread is NOT among them - the one on the lower left has threads going in the opposite direction = 3 " blocks " of short threads sewn from lower left to upper right ..
                    Is there a photo of these particular patches being flipped around?
                    I am interested in seeing the backs of these Dutch arm shields.

Recently i held one in my hands and the front looked good(tightly sewn) but the back looked way mint in contrast to the front. I am not an expert but i really would like to own a Dutch arm shield.

Comment

Hello Jan ,

here's the reverse of one I used to own - normally covered by thin white paper as shown by Sagittario in post # 44 ..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Now , what you do NOT want to see , is this material ;

stiff , " rubberized " black material on the reverse , covered in thin black paper - note the coarse structure showing through ..
                        Attached Files

Comment

2 typical reproductions of same manufacture ( W.A. in gold or Dutch SS in silver + N.S.B. sleeve insignia ) , over 20 years old by now ..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for these photos, showing the photos of arm shields with the wrong backing sure helps in preventing me to buy bogus arm shields.
                            Is the white paper backing the rule in general or are there different backings?

The Dachau type arm shield i saw in person had a thin layer of cloth stitched on it's back, the material this layer was made of is the same as the material on which the actual shield is stitched on(a little less stiff tho). The black cloth layer was somewhat separated due to the stitching started to come loose but there was not enough room between the layers to see if there was a white paper backing. I guess this feature might have been added to hide the actual backing.

Comment

The Dachau-type shields were made without any backing - there were no loose threads to cover anyway .
                              If you found one that did , it may indeed have been to hide it from sight .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sagittario View Post
                                Hello,
                                the shield posted by krieg777 is actually in my collection and has been already seen on this board.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=188652

@krieg777, watermarks can be removed as you can see from the original picture I made.
                                Can you please send me a pm telling who is this guy?
                                Indeed, its your shield very poorly manipulated onto a new background plus watermark removal. Without your permission, abuse of your copyright.

Some cheeky ******s about!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X