SS watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS watch

I think it is a copy, have you ever seen before?

Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

More fantasy junk.

Ian

Comment

It do not have to be "fake". Many items was made special for the men in SS. It is for sure not massproduced, but it may have been made in 1939.

By the way: My uncle had a moneypocket in skin with the ss ruins made in 1943.

Comment

This is the ceremonial watch used to time the SS canoe races, for which the engraved silver tray seen in another recent thread was the prize.

Comment

AHH, yes... fall festival '37

Comment

This is an official Dachau SS watch.

Remember, just because it looks like a fantasy POS, doesn't mean that it is.

Comment

Can you show the watch closer. I am assuming it came in the case. I also didnt realize the tray was connected o this race if its the one im thinking of. Was that the one with the broken handle and the round SS mark ....a longer tray? (plated) The only thing i wonder about is why this case is so large, and it doesnt support the watch to keep it from flopping about within the case. All my watches w/protective cases fit snug ,and by size more to fit the watch for protection. Could it be the stop watch may have been added to the case if it is determined it is an original case? Just a thought. Interesting item anyway regardless.

Comment

An original case, yes it is GOLDEN

Slowly I am sure collecting SS items is coming to a dead end like a dead horse even can be!

cheers

Comment

Hello Brad and Robert , so we meet again ! Just thought I'd try this as my first post here , after finishing reading a couple of hundred SS-threads on GDC . Plenty of great stuff to see here too - unfortunately this watchcase is not one of them ..

Comment

Personalization

Without exceptional provenance, I don't understand why someone would invest in an item that will always be questionable at best, and fake at worst. Actual Nazi items that have personalizations should even be questioned, but common, ordinary items with SS markings should be avoided, IMO. The only exception is for SS TOASTERS, which Heydrich was fond of giving as presents, and is even photographed with one on this very forum.

Comment

I can't believe valuable forum bandwidth is wasted on this type of rubbish.

Bob Hritz
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I agree with Bob, this is a "one looker" in the worst sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                              Without exceptional provenance, I don't understand why someone would invest in an item that will always be questionable at best, and fake at worst. Actual Nazi items that have personalizations should even be questioned, but common, ordinary items with SS markings should be avoided, IMO. The only exception is for SS TOASTERS, which Heydrich was fond of giving as presents, and is even photographed with one on this very forum.
                              The SS toasters (and an assortment of other SS kitchen appliances) were gifts given for opening savings accounts of various sizes at the Dachau branch of the SS Employee Credit Union. Sadly, these, too, have been heavily faked in recent years. Is nothing sacred?!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X