No announcement yet.

Waffen SS 2nd pattern parka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These jackets, both pull over and button up type, are one of my favorite pieces of SS clothing, I like them very very much, I have the pull over, but would like a fairly mint button up type. Can you post close up of the draw string that is on the hood? It should have a particular type of drawstring, and the ones I really like have a small field grey glass button on the end of the draw string to keep it from disappearing up the tunnel. I'll post my jacket and pants and some period tomorrow if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
      These jackets, both pull over and button up type, are one of my favorite pieces of SS clothing, I like them very very much, I have the pull over, but would like a fairly mint button up type. Can you post close up of the draw string that is on the hood? It should have a particular type of drawstring, and the ones I really like have a small field grey glass button on the end of the draw string to keep it from disappearing up the tunnel. I'll post my jacket and pants and some period tomorrow if your interested.

Thanks Scott! Please post yours for comparison! I won't see mine until in about 10 days... (images are from the seller)
      Nick
      PS: This image was posted by fellow WAF member Joe Jones from the UK. SO all credit goes to him! I am repeating it here! Shows a PAK that ended up getting stuck in a ravine...Note parkas!
      Attached Files

Comment

Nick its hard to not see these things as great bang for the buck SS cloth, when you consider that original unaltered SS tunics are 10 or more times the price. Im very surpised these are not more popular and sought after then they are. Mine Italian pattern is my cheapest piece of genuine SS cloth, and love the combat history these parkas provide, more so than a unissed pea pattern or similar that never saw action. Enjoy it and regards, John.

Comment

I like it very much Nick. Great item.

BTW friends of mine have copies for re-enacting and they are not as nice as the originals and easy to spot in hand from the materials used.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            Shows a PAK that ended up getting stuck in a ravine...Note parkas!
            Its actualy a LFH18, light field howitzer 10.5cm.

Nice to see both the large and small hooded parkas on same foto.

Comment

Did the heer not have these as well albeit in smaller quantities?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat Holloway View Post
                Did the heer not have these as well albeit in smaller quantities?
                Not only the Heer - a friend received one this year from a paratrooper-vet (among other stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by helmuthunter View Post
                  Nick its hard to not see these things as great bang for the buck SS cloth, when you consider that original unaltered SS tunics are 10 or more times the price. Im very surpised these are not more popular and sought after then they are. Mine Italian pattern is my cheapest piece of genuine SS cloth, and love the combat history these parkas provide, more so than a unissed pea pattern or similar that never saw action. Enjoy it and regards, John.
                  I agree these are underrated and still somewhat "affordable"!
                  Here's my Italian camo version, now I own 2 styles!
                  Also with a sleeve cuff repair!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Russian art work which I have modified (corrected) a little to represent a 2nd pattern fully buttoned parka...
                    3rd Pzr Div. Totenkopf grenadier Battle for Budapest, January 1945
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X