SS Kavallerie crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Kavallerie crusher

Hello! I would like to receve some opinions about this cap.

Thanks,

Achille

From what I can see I don't like the cap and surely the TK is a bad one.

Comment

Franscesco

Well so far about 1 out 500 color pipes are bad.

Comment

I certainly don't feel that this is one made to the expected pattern of the orginals seen in collections and period photographs. There are several issues such as the extreme width of the black band and the height of the front of the body and the small circumference of the top that would give me real questions.

Those concerns and Insignia aside, the interior looks pretty good. The name on the tag should be easy to research as this is presented as an officer's cap.

I have grave doubts that this one original for the reasons cited above, I would say however that the chance that it may have been made up during the war in another country or just off the wall small German cap maker to order would not be impossible.

I have not seen a fake like this one as they are normally a lot closer to the accepted proportion pattern of the originals than this cap is.

Let me add that on a further look, I don't care for the velvet either, as it looks like the type that I associate with fakes/repros so often.

Let me also add that this:SS-Sturmbannführer Hans Diergarten (8 Apr 1943 - 21 Aug 1944) Chief of staff 8th SS Kav, took me all of 15 seconds to find on the Axis History forum.

I think that the ball is in your court to show evidence of it's origin.
        Last edited by phild; 09-25-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Crushers ain't my area of specialization, but that velvet is way too plush, and is fitted poorly, to the point where it partially obscures the yellow piping. Name tag is a red flag. I vote .
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Franky for sure. I would bet the interior came from an Imperial cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X