Inside

Inside
      Attached Files

Comment

Another Pic

Side View
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I don't believe in it. Fake/fantasy piece.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

who knows. i dont see why it cant be real, but you'd have trouble proving it.

Wonder if you could research the GI's name and see if hes still alive, liberated bergen belsen etc?

Saying that didnt the Brits liberate Bergen Belsen? I presume US troops would have gone there aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
              Saying that didnt the Brits liberate Bergen Belsen? I presume US troops would have gone there aswell?
              "Bergen Belsen" was liberated on sunday the 15th of april 1945, 03:30PM, by the 23rd "Hussars" of the the british army. A few days later they started to burn-down the KZ, the burning was finished on 21st of april.

So any GI arriving there later only could find a large burned area, surrounded by barbwire and guardtowers.

Comment

Why make a helmet form when you had thousands of helmets??????

Best regards, Tom

Comment

Well, I think we never will know about this item... Can't agree nor deny the story about the British and GI's about the liberation of the KZ. In Bergen Belsen was at liberation time a lot of people (inmates) to look after. It's possible that American medical troops assisted the British. BTW: look at the paper: there is DR (= Medical Doctor) who take the item to the States, so....

Another thing we should know is the rather painfull habit by the Germans in the war to give orders to produce things (for example helmet covers...) and dilever stocks or goods or half-products, but not the proper tools to produce. I have heard that several times. Why they did that? Inefficiency, bad thinking, to bully the prisoners? But any way: there were no military helmets or other military goods to use or to handel for the inmates. That was severely forbidden.

A little phylosphy perhaps. I should give it a chance. Only a period photograph will tell....

Regards, Kees

Comment

Hi all ,
                    If this turns out to be real , ie photo shows up ,it will be for the camouflage collector who has everything!!!!
                    Just when you had seen it all this turns up !!
                    all the best
                    owen

Comment

Originally posted by c.rotte View Post
                      Well, I think we never will know about this item... Can't agree nor deny the story about the British and GI's about the liberation of the KZ. In Bergen Belsen was at liberation time a lot of people (inmates) to look after. It's possible that American medical troops assisted the British. BTW: look at the paper: there is DR (= Medical Doctor) who take the item to the States, so....

Another thing we should know is the rather painfull habit by the Germans in the war to give orders to produce things (for example helmet covers...) and dilever stocks or goods or half-products, but not the proper tools to produce. I have heard that several times. Why they did that? Inefficiency, bad thinking, to bully the prisoners? But any way: there were no military helmets or other military goods to use or to handel for the inmates. That was severely forbidden.

A little phylosphy perhaps. I should give it a chance. Only a period photograph will tell....

Regards, Kees
                      Kees,
                      I have to disagree. I think that torturing the inmates was secondary compared to production, hence they would have provided all it takes to assure a smooth production process. Beside that inmates of several camps were involved in weapon manufacture. So I see no reason not to give them a helmet shell if required.

Also a spelling error such as manurfacture would not be something I would expect to see from anyone in the milieu of an Dr..

I still think this is bogus.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                        Kees,
                        I still think this is bogus.

Fritz
                        I agree and stated as such on the helmet forum.

Comment

Fritz, Ken,

Perhaps you are right, may be not. Efficiency in war production was important, of course. On the other hand: I have spoken more than one labourer, forced to work in Germany who told me about the opposite. To hold back proper instruments for torture, I don't think so. But to use an instrument like the item show instead of using proper helmetshells: why not. Every helmet was needed at the front. Again: we never will know.

Regards, Kees

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X