Help on aluminum cap eagle and skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on aluminum cap eagle and skull

I've got an aluminum cap eagle and skull set that came from the same source. This source has supplied me with lots of great items but he threw these in on a recent purchase as he felt these were not original.These do not look like anything I have ever seen before. The eagle has the MM as an added disk, which I have never seen before. In addition, the prongs on the skull are flat ended rather than angled and the MM on the eagle has the SS mark with ges. gesch. and no RZM mark. I am not going to be upset at anyone telling me these are fake as there was no cost. I've attached 3 pictures and hope these will suffice for ID. Any help or opinions appreciated.
    Richard V

Hi Richard;

They are definitely fake. The overall poor quality and lack of detail of the insignia along with the runes in a diamond are enough for me to walk away from them.
    Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Tony, thanks for confiming what I already suspected. It would have been nice to get an original set at no cost, but that is pretty much a pipe dream!
      Richard V

Comment

Hi there,

I think those should be in the "what is the worst SS fake you have seen?" thread.

Comment

Richard,
          I have seen these examples on ebay, normally from eastern European origins
          cheers,
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector
            Hi there,

I think those should be in the "what is the worst SS fake you have seen?" thread.
            Thanks for the help. SScollector, trust me when I tell you that these are no where near the worst SS fakes that I have ever seen. The worst even made me laugh so hard that I thought I would pass out!
            Richard V

Comment

Yes, there are worse fakes but those would be pretty far down the line.
              I have see those many times on eBay as well. They are usually, from ten to twenty dollars each. Thanks! Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X