jewish geld note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jewish geld note

right iv no idea if this is in the right section!if its not please move it to the correct one! any way posting this for a forum member! would like to know if its ok!(iv no idea myself!!) any help would be great!
    Attached Files

Pat nice one for posting this,
    i was more looking for information on the currency, rather than it's originality, i would say 100% it is genuine, but having said that, judging by results of my other items i will leave it at 99% for the moment,
    i never knew such money existed, and it is not mentioned in history very much, so any additional information from members would be greatly accepted.

Comment

This is known as "Ghetto Currency"---it is original, and quite scarce.
      Pricing is all over the place. I will check my catalog and get you a value.

Comment

Cheers for that Anthony, it's nice to hear that at least one of my items is original, i look forward to hearing what i could get for it, even if i recovered half of what i spent on my lots, which for the most turned out to be copies.

Comment

Currency

Notice that the entire background design consists of stars of David.

Comment

Currency

Also notice that each star in the background design has rays that contribute to make up the other stars surrounding it. Interesting design !!

Comment

Yeah it is an amazing note, i collect many from all over the world, and this is a beauty, it's a pity the condition is not better, at least on the other side, i will put a photo of the reverse tomorrow, i think it had a rip, or ware, due to being folded down the centre and someone added a paper strip to hold it together, maybe this was the selotape of the era? and unfortunatley this obscures some of the writing, it would be interesting to have it fully translated, maybe some members will be able to do this, as far as i know it is all in the German language.

notice a bit of the paper/tape is visible at the end of this side, which is posted, but overall this side is in very good condition, the rip/ware is slightly visible, as the note appears to have been folded in 3, the rip/ware only effected, the one area, but it has been joined back to near precision.
              Last edited by Furher; 08-19-2008, 06:59 PM.

Comment

This is from Lodz, look on the bottom of this web page,

http://www.chgs.umn.edu/histories/ph...ismatics3.html

Comment

The help here is amazing, thanks very much for finding and posting this information, thats the same note alright, it is the reverse side, i will try get a photo put up tomorow.

Comment

and the back!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X