X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casted?

Originally posted by stefan_swe View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, I can actually feel something on my fingers after I've had it in my hands. Perhaps some talcum or what one use when it was casted?

Regards,
    Stefan
    This skull is definately not a casting. The side walls are too thin.

Comment

jawless cap skull

hi guys just got this from ebay, it looks great to me but a confirmation would be great, cheers dave
      Attached Files

Comment

s

Attached Files

Comment

so you still can get something good on ebay

Comment

Hi Dave, look fine to me. Ex "Berlin hoard" ground find.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

s

cheers guys and thanks for the fast replies best rgds dave

Comment

Skull

I would like opinions on this Skull.
                Thanks
                [/IMG]

Comment

Skull

Back 10-20 years ago, I can never remember seeing a skull that looked like this one. Perhaps this skull is part of the famous "Berlin Find".
                  Peter

Comment

Looks fine to me. It is one of the type found in Berlin.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Berlin Find

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                      Looks fine to me. It is one of the type found in Berlin.

Cheers, Ade.
                      Can anyone validate the skulls being original from the Berlin Find. Sounds like a set up with news media coverage, etc. How do we know it was not a creative way to release a ton a fake skulls.
                      Peter

Comment

Peter.

Although the Berlin find skulls are of that distinctive 'haunted eyes' type, that type is not unique to the Berlin find.

I have a similar type skull in zinc with brass pins, obtained long before the Berlin find.

This type also appears in the Kav. Rgt. 5 veterans' book from the 1970s.

All those from the Berlin find were in buntmetall, I think.

There's no reason I know of to doubt the truth of what appeared in the German press.................although proof is another matter, as always.

Comment

Your comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                          Peter.

Although the Berlin find skulls are of that distinctive 'haunted eyes' type, that type is not unique to the Berlin find.

I have a similar type skull in zinc with brass pins, obtained long before the Berlin find.

This type also appears in the Kav. Rgt. 5 veterans' book from the 1970s.

All those from the Berlin find were in buntmetall, I think.

There's no reason I know of to doubt the truth of what appeared in the German press.................although proof is another matter, as always.
                          Hello Robin
                          Can you explain "buntmetall"? Also, I'll take your word on the fact that they existed prior to the Berlin Find. I do not trust anything about that find however. It sounds contrived. Gestapo or old Prussian State police discs would have been better. Maybe that's next. As far as the German press.....like any news media, they will innocently report anything that appears legit. I am sure it was low level importance anyway. How could they doubt the skulls??
                          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                            Can you explain "buntmetall"?
                            Also, I'll take your word on the fact that they existed prior to the Berlin Find.
                            Peter.

Buntmetall is usually brass or nickel based.

The skull circled in the photo below is zinc (none of the Berlin ones is zinc) and was bought by me several years before the Berlin find.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I know the men of the dig up, I've seen pic's of the whole lot at his home. I've also had a lot myself, and still have a few for my own collection. For me there is no reason to doubt the originality of the skulls.

The one shown here is not the same as I've from the party. I am not totaly sure about this one.

Grz Jim

Comment

Berlin skulls...

I'm 50:50 with the Berlin skulls and I don't know what to think (since the skulls appeared in 2005? I'm not sure with the year.).

Some thoughts:

The skulls were made in Buntmetall, well made, nice details etc., I know Robins zinc variant of the skull from other threads (the skulls are similar) and I saw some period photos with similar skulls.

On the other side I think, how much of these skulls were found ...hundreds, thousends....!??? Today (some years after the find) you can buy the skulls every day on ebay!? And what ist with the other secound skull variant from Berlin? Some thousends, too...!?

PS: Question, had all skulls from Berlin the cutted prongs? In some threads you can read :"cutted prongs". My problem is, I saw the same skull variant without the cutted prongs,too

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X