Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull...SS? What?

Hello All,
    I picked this skull yesterday and I am not sure as to what it is from. I was thinking maybe SS but I did not see any like it anywhere. I know you guys know a lot about skulls on this forum and not knowing what else to do. I posted it where I think you can help me. Any Help is appreciative.
    Thanks,
    Dennis
    Attached Files

Comment

back
      Attached Files

Comment

angle
        Attached Files

Comment

scale
          Attached Files

Comment

is this original or copy

Hi everyone,
            I bought this insignia at war and peace this summer and was told that it is the real thing.
            Could anyone please let me know if they have any views on it.
            many thanks,
            belinda
            Last edited by belinda; 03-25-2009, 08:12 AM.
            sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

and the back of it.
              Last edited by belinda; 03-25-2009, 08:12 AM.
              sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

Original.

Comment

Hi Belinda

That is certainly an original piece

Raymond

Comment

Part of the 'Berlin haul'.....

Comment

Dennis.

That is a very nice..............and rare..............variant of the Prussian Leibhusar skull, occasionally seen also on the earliest SS caps.

Nice find!

Comment

that's right!!! how did you know that it was part of the berlin haul?
                        i bought it like i said at war and peace and the person who sold it to me stated that it came from a fire at a berlin factory. I paid £35.00 for it and thought that is was a little too cheap for an original piece.
                        regards,
                        belinda

Comment

Wow! Nice buy.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                            that's right!!! how did you know that it was part of the berlin haul?
                            i bought it like i said at war and peace and the person who sold it to me stated that it came from a fire at a berlin factory. I paid £35.00 for it and thought that is was a little too cheap for an original piece.
                            regards,
                            belinda
                            The Berlin haul is well known about these parts :-)

Comment

Yes, very nice piece, Belinda! It also has just the right look to it! Congratulations on a great buy!

Chris

Comment

Hi Robin,
                                Thanks so much for the information. I was hoping you would comment on this, you are the expert I look to on this kind of thing.

Dennis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X