subdued TK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subdued TK

Here is a TK currently on a dealer's site with the sort of dye-job, which I suspect your eagles had, only this one is far more obvious:

As a reply to the posted skull, in gray-green, I had a strip of 9 of them from my ads. All shared the same defect and are a different pattern and color from the accepted camo SS skulls, found on the M-43. I have no doubt they are original, but I do believe they are all rejected pieces, from the defective weaving pattern.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Skull

The same defect stitch for stitch!

Comment

Not uncommon with bevo woven items, the bell bottom eagles all have an identical "flawed" stitch.

Comment

Bob, first off of course not saying these are faked skulls but the weave pattern is for my view very different then from the known green/brown camo skulls for the camo M43 caps. I would call it there are pixels missing and from the camo skulls I know of the weave pattern is full filled. It is might just a different skull variation, who knows.

Comment

Robert,

I do not believe they were ever intended for the camo caps, but possibly just a more subdued color. I am sure we will never know all the experimentation that was done.

I can say that they are a completely different pattern from that worn on the issue camo cap.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X