SS Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Photo

Can you guys help me id-ying this officer in the photo please? Thank you!

Sendjaja, look at Yerger's Allgemeine-SS check Jakob Sporrenburg (page 28) and Carl Zenner (P112) as possibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brule
      Sendjaja, look at Yerger's Allgemeine-SS check Jakob Sporrenburg (page 28) and Carl Zenner (P112) as possibles.
      Thanks Bernie. Will order the book as I don't have one yet. Incidentally, I have a question for you. Does the DAL list officers from the SD branch?

Comment

Sendjaja,
        Personnel from the SD offices are listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T
          Sendjaja,
          Personnel from the SD offices are listed.
          Steve, thank you for the info!

Comment

Sendjaja,

I agree with Bernie's second choice. This looks like Carl Zenner...born in Oberlimburg on June 11, 1899. He served in WW1 and won the EK2. He also served in the Freikorps. Among other appointments, he was promoted SS-Brigadefuhrer on June 21, 1941 and to Generalmajor der Polizei on Sept 26, 1941. He spent the rest of the war with the SS-Hauptamt as head of Amt BII (Requisitioning) and held a seat in the Reichstag from 1932 to the end of the war. He served two prison terms at war's end and died in Andernach on June 16, 1969.

This is just a small excerpt from Yerger's Allgemeine-SS. There is much more info in there and a photo of him at the same rank as in your photo above.

Cheers,

Comment

Thanks for the info, Darryl! I'm curious to find the identity of this officer because on the back of the photo, it's written "Polizei Präsident of Wien, Steinhäusl". I tried to do a web search to confirm this info, but no luck so far. There's an officer by the name of Dr. Max Steinhäusl in the DAL, but his assignment never was as the Police President of Vienna. I'm getting very curious...

Comment

Sendjaja,

I sent you an email. I found a photo for you of a Vienna Police-President Steinhusel which I now believe is your man in the photo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X