Waffen-SS LAH Rottenfuhrer M43 Blouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-SS LAH Rottenfuhrer M43 Blouse

I would appreciate on this tunic: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=290545

To proove if it is restored or not is just impossible but who would really care as long as it is solid and all original. Nice tunic.

Comment

Andre, you got all of your SS tunics from Bruce Herman, Grenadier Militaria, right? This LAH tunic is beaut, especially with the LAH sliders and cuff title, which I had the money. Jacques

Comment

a real beauty!

Comment

Posting any tunic for opinion is like asking for someone to slap you in the face really hard repeatedly then kick you. On such tunics it is impossible to really know how and when they were sewn together unless they use synthetics and or they use fake parts and its really obvious.Opinon is opinion and it muddies the selling of items if you get even one negative from people who think they can tell and have convinced others of this.

So it goes both ways..if you cant tell or havent proof dont say something IS reapplied or restored becuse you dont have forensic eyeballs that can see this.

It is a nice looking uniform
          Last edited by John Pic; 05-24-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Indeed a very nice looking tunic!

From pictures only I have to agreed it's close to impossible to judge when the tunic was put together.

But when the new owner has it in his hand it's not.
            So with a 30days inspection period or something like thast the buyer should be safe.

And if it's all pre45 its a good deal IMO.

Comment

I said the insignia are clearly replaced because i looked at the thin Fresh thread of the collar tabs and it looks like the eagle s thread it s the same one of the tabs.Well from these pics.I hope im wrong of course!

Comment

In the picture of the underside of the collar, showing the thread lines where they collar tabs are sewn in, it appears the collar tabs are sewn in with black thread. What are the white or light colored thread remnants that show along with the black tread lines on post 17? What I am talking about is most visible in the lower right corner of where the tab is sewn in. Even if this tunic is restored, it would probably still bring this much as long as all parts were original.
                Richard V

Comment

Im not up to speed on the cyphers, they are a whole different animal, and I cant see all the detail on the boards (underneath etc), however, I like the tunic, and the other insignia. Eagle is correct and exactly how these mid/later war tunics came out of the factory(with only the eagle). All other insignia on these later war tunics were applied to the best of my knowledge depot or by the individual. Even IF and I say IF all the other insignia was postwar applied, it would still be one I would like to own, as long as the insignia is real, it dosnt' bother me, other "purists" however would be miffed, thus, to each his own. All in all, I like the tunic,( I can't say 100 percent on boards or cyphers) and its in fantastic shape!

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                    So it goes both ways..if you cant tell or havent proof dont say something IS reapplied or restored becuse you dont have forensic eyeballs that can see this.
                    What I think too John.
                    Really a nice tunic Andre
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks Luca and the rest for the great comments

Comment

What is the liner cloth, I mean it's a cotton or mixed cotton with rayon Herring bone twill?
                        Nothing wrong with insignia, due of the tunic is in nearly mint condition, insignia in that case must also be fresh.

Comment

Sorry but the thread behind this Tab on the tunic is too FRESH and thin like most of replaced insignia compared to the rest of the wear of the collar and to the other thread present on the collar.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Look on this one from another Tunic how the thread matches IMO the wear of the rest of the collar and its other threads.
                            This collar and the one that started the discussion IMO are 2 compleately things.
                            Attached Files

Comment

But the condition is also to salty on the last one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X