No announcement yet.

panzer camo pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original IMO..............period (?) modified .
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Cheers Steve
    Last edited by SJP; 06-25-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Well, I guess you have a 50/50 chance then, if you like em, then what the heck...I still would not want to own them, but to each his own. I could be wrong of course, but I see at least three red flags, which I believe should be present in these pair of pants, and most all SS dot pattern, as well as something which most repro dot has in common, but, if you like em, that's all that matters, as you are the one paying for them, and not me.

Comment

Hi guys and thank you for replying to the thread

- Scott what do you not like and why do you think they are copies?

- Robert I got them from another collector here in Denmark but I donĀ“t know where he got them from but he have had them for a period of time.

IMO the pants are original I like the camo pattern and the fabric of the cloth but they may be modified

- SJP is it the big buttons and the way the pants are closed that are modified?

All the best
        Lars

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
          Well, I guess you have a 50/50 chance then, if you like em, then what the heck...I still would not want to own them, but to each his own. I could be wrong of course, but I see at least three red flags, which I believe should be present in these pair of pants, and most all SS dot pattern, as well as something which most repro dot has in common, but, if you like em, that's all that matters, as you are the one paying for them, and not me.

Hi Scott
          Thank you for the reply

Please let me know what you do think is wrong as I would like to know your thoughts.

IĀ“m not a camo expert and would like to learn

also let me know if you need me to take more pictures of specific areas

Cheers
          Lars

Comment

I was the previeus owner of these, and I have had these trousers in my collection, for at least 7 years, and in this time of course have seen a lot of other similar camo, and had the oppotunity to compare both knovn 100% originals, as well as 100% fakes( including some janke examples) to this pair.

the only reason I sold these was seriuos finansial problems, as I knew it would be hard to find a salty pair like these again. To the opinion about been modyfied, I would agree, but the only thing that was modifyed is the clossure of the pants, and is as follows: the thin internal belt has been removed, and the slot to the channel around the waist have been sevn shot, and the thong
            that you now see buttoning over the opening in front, have originally been buttoned to the back of itself to hold a small buckle to wich the internal belt was secured. this is shovn in beavers book of ss camo. on page 185.
            Othervise the pants are a textbook example of model 44 peaspattern panzertrousers, with a button or two being resevn.
            they glow a little under black lite as the previuos ovner of these washed them with a washingproduct containing optic white, as he didn't knew the result of doing this then. I have had a very salty gray parka too that was used after the war with the same glow in it as a result of washing it when it became dirty.

Comment

Lassi, can you send me a high res version of pic six, or maybe yet, just retake a pic of pic 6 and send it to my email, need to see that area in high detail/resolution, try to capture the same shot you did in pic 6 and send it to my email. thanks,Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                Lassi, can you send me a high res version of pic six, or maybe yet, just retake a pic of pic 6 and send it to my email, need to see that area in high detail/resolution, try to capture the same shot you did in pic 6 and send it to my email. thanks,Scott

Sure I have sent you a PM for your e-mail address

Cheers
                Lars

Comment

Hello Lassi,
                  The trousers are original, only the black belt cloth removed..
                  Nice Panzer camo trousers.
                  By Lorenz

Comment

100% original!! Have a identical one in better condition. :

Comment

Comment

panzer camo pants

Don't know about anybody else, but I wouldn't mind a few more pics from camo collector's rather tasty-looking collection!
                        Here's hoping.
                        Good wishes to all,
                        Grossfuss

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X