Cuff title. Opinions requested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuff title. Opinions requested.

Comments and opinions requested on this Reichsfuhrung-SS cuff title please.

Thanks to all in advance.

Sincerely,

Charles Betz
    Attached Files

The Front

The front of the cuff title.
    Attached Files

Comment

Photo 3

Photo 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Pics

I need better pics, but I like that embroidery.

Comment

Pics

Sorry Doctor, that is the best I can do with the images. Thank you anyway.

Charles Betz

Comment

Not for my collection.

Lasse

Comment

I agree with Mr. Kongo!

Comment

the embroidery from the letters is different then from the original examples I have seen.

Comment

Well

There are some originals with letter similiar to this, although maybe not this ragged. I wanted better shots of the backing materials and band weave before I eliminate the band. Page 176 of "German Military Cuffbands" has an excellent represenatation of just how far out hand embroidery on this particular band can get.

Comment

Cuff title. Opinons Requested

Hi,

Here is a cuff title I have that can be used for comparison purposes. For obvious reasons, I cannot photograph the back of the thing. I will say that the photo makes the emroidery appear more ragged than it is in person. This probably holds true for the one Mr. Betz posted as well.

Thank you,
                    George
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank You.

My thanks and appreciation to all that have taken the time to give their opinions, and to George, for posting his cuff title to aid in the discussion.

Sincerely,

Charles Betz

Comment

Reichsführung-SS

Here is Delich's example showing the more ragged, but acceptable, hand embroidery for this Title.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh there is more..

Here are two loose examples. One hand embroidered and one in flatwire. I have included the flatwire picture to show that the NCO in the foto is not wearing the flatwire version but the hand embroidered version.

Well have I persuaded anyone to not dismiss hand-embroidered bands due to slight variations? I like cufftitles and if you collect them long enough you really gain a keen appreciation for the beauty of hand embroidery. I know everyone loves the warm safety of a flatwire band, but they can be a little boring compared to the Gothic and Latin lettering done in hand-embroidery.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 05-18-2008, 03:31 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Cuff title. Opinions requested

Hi Doctor,

Thank you for the photos of your two cuff titles and your input. I noticed that the "f" in the two examples, the one from Mr. Betz and the one I posted, are different than your example. Does that mean that they are wrong or just different? What is your opinion, please?

Thank you,
                            George

Comment

Different

This is hand embroiderey we are talking about and differences can be substantial. The style of embroidery varies from one embroidrer to the next. Looking at these bands requires experience and having them in hand to look at the materials used. Look at all 4 hand done examples posted and see if you cannot come up with several things they all have in common. What I am trying to say is go in reverse and look at the commonalites first instead of just doing the typical collector thing which is looking for differences. We have the first two posted, Delich's in the foto and mine to look at to draw your conclusions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X