Norwegian arm badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian arm badge

Is this the early type of Norwegian arm badge?
    Is the Hird insignia original and the two cap badges..?
    thanks for your opinions.

Hi Luc.

The 2 capbadges are fakes.
    The flag is of a type I have not seen before. No official armflag for sure.
    Not for my collection.
    But the Hird insignia is original.
    I post a picture of an original SS armflag used early by members of "Den Norske Legion".

Regards
    Derek
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I agree with Derek. The flag he posted is the correct official one for the Norwegian Legion.

Flags in this size (and other sizes...) was made in factories in Norway both before and after the war (still today) so many version exist. I have not seen yours before so it could be a flag made privately by some for civilian sporting clothes, sign of nationality etc.

Flags was also made and used in a "unlimited" number; both officially and unofficially production as armbands by the resistance during the liberation period. Unless you have a history on your flag it is very difficult to know when it was made or for whom.

Rgds
      Pål

Comment

Originally posted by Bax View Post
        Hi,

I agree with Derek. The flag he posted is the correct official one for the Norwegian Legion.

Flags in this size (and other sizes...) was made in factories in Norway both before and after the war (still today) so many version exist. I have not seen yours before so it could be a flag made privately by some for civilian sporting clothes, sign of nationality etc.

Flags was also made and used in a "unlimited" number; both officially and unofficially production as armbands by the resistance during the liberation period. Unless you have a history on your flag it is very difficult to know when it was made or for whom.

Rgds
        Pål
        Agreed but also IMO there exist the “BeVo” style flag that was worn by Norwegian Legion Volunteers. I have seen a picture or two of uniforms with the "BeVo" style flag attached. In addition, there are some well known collectors in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Norway</st1:country-region> that own the BeVo style flag.
        The pictures that I’ve seen of Norwegian Legionnaires wearing the flag insignia are hard to tell if they are embroidered or weave.

Don't get me wrong the flag insignia that Derek has was issued and worn but as indicated the weave style flag insignia also exist and IMO is a pre-WW2.

Rene Chavez
        Http://axis101.bizland.com

<O></O>

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
          Agreed but also IMO there exist the “BeVo” style flag that was worn by Norwegian Legion Volunteers. I have seen a picture or two of uniforms with the "BeVo" style flag attached. In addition, there are some well known collectors in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Norway</st1:country-region> that own the BeVo style flag.
          The pictures that I’ve seen of Norwegian Legionnaires wearing the flag insignia are hard to tell if they are embroidered or weave.

Don't get me wrong the flag insignia that Derek has was issued and worn but as indicated the weave style flag insignia also exist and IMO is a pre-WW2.

Rene Chavez
          Http://axis101.bizland.com

<O></O>
          Hi Rene.

From a picture I have seen it looks like a soldiers in "Den Norske Legion" uses the silk or "BeVo"-type of armflag.
          It seems that it is this type of armflag in use as it looks more shiny on the picture than the official cotton model.
          But I have never seen such an armflag in real life.
          I hope to find one of these one nice day (if they exist)

Regards
          Derek
          Last edited by DeMil; 04-10-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X