A Peek at the Wolfe-Hardin Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Peek at the Wolfe-Hardin Collection

For us "SS Freaks" as I saw someone refer to us , here is a small look at the Wolfe-Hardin collection.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=281189

An amazing collection that most can only dream about!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
      An amazing collection that most can only dream about!

Yeah, what Erich said

Simply outstanding... and most impressive! A collector and military historian's dream come true.

Rob

Comment

Agree. Outstanding collection. Many rare, unique and very nice items collected. I enjoy look at the image and would love to visit that house in person. I wonder how some collectors get such items home? Must have been there very early, and had much luck. Also a lot of money.. but for sure an impressive collecting gift.
        norge

Comment

Originally posted by norge View Post
          Agree. Outstanding collection. Many rare, unique and very nice items collected. I enjoy look at the image and would love to visit that house in person. I wonder how some collectors get such items home? Must have been there very early, and had much luck. Also a lot of money.. but for sure an impressive collecting gift.
          norge
          I think being extremely wealthy has a lot to do with it

It's great to see collections of this magnitude, and to know that there are guys out there with the means to assemble and preserve these truly rare pieces of history. The fact that W&H is willing to share their collection with the rest of the collecting community is just as impressive, and while I know they are dealers and each visitor represents a possible 'sale,' it's great to know that one can actually get to see these pieces in person, instead of them being locked away out of sight.

The amount of history represented in that one room is downright incredible.

Rob

Comment

It's not how I expected it to be displayed. I all seems kind of sloppy and random. I also wonder about the bright sunlight beaming into the room.

I think they should invest some of that massive amount of money they have and build a proper museum. Some of these one of a kind pieces deserve it by their own merit, let alone all the other fabulous stuff!

Thanks for the peek! I am quitting collecting now...

Mike

Comment

Very impressive collection.

Thanks for showing it

Thanks Joe Semen

Comment

Whether The Collection Is Militaria Or Art, Throughout History, It Has Taken People Of Means To Assemble The Best Of The Best. Unfortunately, The Collecting Of 3rd Reich Material Has A Stigma Attached That Keeps Many Musuems Out Of Owning And Displaying These Items. One Must Only Wonder Where These Items Will Be In 100 Years.

Comment

Ss

I saw a photo from years ago with Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin playing guitar on stage, wearing an Allgemeine SS officer's visor cap. I read somewhere that he is a collector. In the back of the mind of every collector is the thought of their wife selling off their collection before their body's even cold. A sobering thought.

Comment

Jimmy Page is also a student of the occult, he owned the Boleskine House,
                    the former residence of occultist Aleister Crowley, not sure if he still does. He met a collector I know at his home once due to hearing about his collection of books by A. Crowley.

Comment

One has to wonder if in a 100 years the earth will still be inhabitable.

Comment

Famous Collectors

Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead is a famous collector as well. I saw a picture of his dagger collection years ago in a music magazine. He is also known to wear SS insignia onstage.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X