Used Collar Tabs - opinions sought.

Views on these two sets of collar tabs would be much appreciated

thanks

Tom
    Attached Files

Reverse

Attached Files

Comment

The top pair of runic and rank are questionable. The width and angle of the runes are of concern to many, and there have been a few threads about this type. There are collectors on both sides of the fence on these tabs. Many collectors also take issue with the type of buckram on these tabs, as well. I personally like them, but that's just my opinion. Just don't spend a large amount of money on this set and expect to break even if you decide to sell down the road.

The second set looks fine to me. This is more the accepted style, with skinnier runes and a steeper angle. However, I'm not too keen on that rank litzen. Is it made of rayon or something?

I would definitely buy the second set, and perhaps the first if it was listed at a good price.

Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex. The rank litzen isn't like anything i have seen and at first glance appears almost like silk. Magnification shows a very detailed, fine cotton stitching that makes up the pattern, probably not that clear in the photo.

any other comments?

cheers

Tom

Comment

I am agree that the top tabs are questionable from not all collectors but I retain it original pre '45, the second tabs are without doubts originals.
          Just my opinion Tom.
          Luca
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X