No announcement yet.

SS-Ritterkreuztraeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just checked out the website undermars.com , very interesting as you normally don't see these kind of material on TV. A really bloody guerrilla war.

Comment

>So, too, do the styles of soldiers wearing them!<

AND the gender - to the regret of males who in dire times must rely on The Gentle Sex! outrageously un-PC it may be, but I reckon there are very, very few fighting men who don't privately shudder at the thought of a lady - with her sorry upper body strength - trying to pull him out of danger! even towards "das ende," the nazis spared their women the Horrors of combat.
      modern feminists, raised on a constrant diet of cartoon heroines (say, Lara Croft) for role models, takes a different view.... all without asking male comrades' opinions.

sorry to be off-point, guys!

Comment

Hi Robin

Now that is some family photograph! His mother has the kind of face that could turn milk sour.

I think you should start a caption competition on that photo.

Here is my effort:

'With hindsight, it was probably not the best idea to go through with the organised family photograph, what with the terrible news of uncle Tom dying being delivered to the family only moments earlier'
        Attached Files

Comment

How about............

'Diarrhoea ran in the von Ribbentrop family'.

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
            >So, too, do the styles of soldiers wearing them!<

AND the gender - to the regret of males who in dire times must rely on The Gentle Sex! outrageously un-PC it may be, but I reckon there are very, very few fighting men who don't privately shudder at the thought of a lady - with her sorry upper body strength - trying to pull him out of danger! even towards "das ende," the nazis spared their women the Horrors of combat.
            modern feminists, raised on a constrant diet of cartoon heroines (say, Lara Croft) for role models, takes a different view.... all without asking male comrades' opinions.

sorry to be off-point, guys!
            I have to say i don't agree. One of my female friends back home earned a bronze star with V device for putting down 5 enemy combatants when her convoy was attacked. She also pulled a soldier back to safety after he was hit. Those that want to see it go, its not like they are forced to join the military. She earned the bronze star for pulling the soldier to safety and the 5 enemy... well it needed to be done. Matt

Comment

Your Right

Hell Ya Brother send them Girls into Combat I am staying home and watching TV and the Forum. Hey can Jena Bush go in first?

Comment

Rk

Here he is...
                Attached Files

Comment

People here should be aware that Rudolf von Ribbentrop is still living. From what I know about his military career he was successful on his own merits. It's no wonder that collectors generally have an unfavorable reputation with veterans after some of the mindless comments that I have seen here. This thread needs to disappear.

John

Comment

Rudolf v. Ribbentrop

Rudolf v. Ribbentrop destroyed 14 Russian tanks in one day while surrounded. He was wounded several times during the War. Shot in the left forearm, shot several times in the chest upper right arm and shrapnel throught he mouth. He earned a wound badge in gold and the coveted PAB 25. When encircled in Russia he was badly wounded and turned down a Storch that was sent to get him, he insisted another wounded soldier get on the plane. He did not make it to a proper Hospital for two weeks. His combat record and devotion to duty speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Rudolf v. Ribbentrop destroyed 14 Russian tanks in one day while surrounded. He was wounded several times during the War. Shot in the left forearm, shot several times in the chest upper right arm and shrapnel throught he mouth. He earned a wound badge in gold and the coveted PAB 25. When encircled in Russia he was badly wounded and turned down a Storch that was sent to get him, he insisted another wounded soldier get on the plane. He did not make it to a proper Hospital for two weeks. His combat record and devotion to duty speak for themselves.
                      Good summary, Dr.!

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by John P. Moore View Post
                        People here should be aware that Rudolf von Ribbentrop is still living. From what I know about his military career he was successful on his own merits. It's no wonder that collectors generally have an unfavorable reputation with veterans after some of the mindless comments that I have seen here. This thread needs to disappear.

John
                        Very well said. RvR still has the grace to sign his photograph for those who wish to have a momento.... the last time I was in contact with him, he very politely did not wish to discuss his Fathers story any more. Who could blame him in this society we live.

Comment

I for one was unaware that herr ribbontrop was still amongst us. the valor and sacrifices of soldiers throughout all the wars of the ages - enemies of all sides of course also included - are no proper topic for ridicule. it stands, as mr. moore notes, "on its merit."

however, the top-hatted young ribbontrop and the grave faces of the family ribbontrop are a bit of comic relief from the usual forum talk IMO. (for that matter ,I don't doubt the young officer's comrades, seeing robin's old "Harold Lloyd" picture, would have also shared a laugh, too..) in other words, a bit of gentle humor takes nothing away from RvR's stunning bravery.

but maybe my browser somehow left off a post - something insulting per se?
                          sometimes I don't get all a thread's photos.....

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
                            The top-hatted young Ribbentrop and the grave faces of the family Ribbentrop are a bit of comic relief from the usual forum talk IMO. I don't doubt the young officer's comrades, seeing Robin's old "Harold Lloyd" picture, would have also shared a laugh, too.
                            Thanks for that. My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Last edited by Vet44; 03-16-2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Right words from John.
                                Peoples respect is missing these days very much, and what comes around goes around.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X