Opinions on a StuG Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Rolf,

Could you post a good close-up of the sleeve eagle? Is it a grey variety or a camo type variety? Could you post close-ups of the cuffs outside front and back, same on the inside of the cuffs and also show a clear shot of the bias material? Could I also see the backs of the lapels?

So far all the collar tab sewing and tresse sewing looks toi be Mom's sewing machine done. The tracking is way to small unless it was done in the China Burma India theater of the way. The last part is a joke because the Chinese and Indian tailors all used British and Singer home type sewing machines with little tiny stitches for the most part because they had the machines adjusted that way.

I would like to see more photos as requested...thanks,

Richard

Comment

is it not a heer cut wrap?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
        the wool seams a wool used to manufacture M36 tunics and overcoats, the Stugwrappers that I own, saw and examinated in other collections also if the early construction were at least in M40 wool, more easy in M42/43...
        I am agree with you Lorenz, wool and liner seem those used during early manifacture 1936 but I must disagree that no stugwrappers were constructed with the same materials. I have one modified wrap (shortened sleeves) made with recycled materials and marked 1943, will be a pleasure show it to you next time for inspection, here a pic.
        About the wrap started this thread, I'd like to see more photos as well.
        Luca
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Luca Ongaro; 03-14-2008, 05:30 AM.
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Luca,
          I saw before in an othe thread some pictures of your recycled wrapper.
          IMO this wrapper is reconstructed postwar with wool and lining from an overcoat, if I remember well (but I can be wrong) the lining have still the sizes of the overcoat.
          never saw something like that, in original items.
          During the war they recicling wool and lining used, "BUT" for product other wool, lining etc.
          In 1943 the German Army was still enought strong to use new wool and lining, also if the composition of the wool was from other types of wool, not german for exemple (from Italy, Russia, Holland etc), take an overcoat and transform in a wrapper...never saw a thing like this.
          Sure not from a regular factory, maybe field production? with the stamps of the year 43?
          I'm sorry, I dont think that is original, but I can be wrong, just my Opinion.
          Lorenz

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
          I am agree with you Lorenz, wool and liner seem those used during early manifacture 1936 but I must disagree that no stugwrappers were constructed with the same materials. I have one modified wrap (shortened sleeves) made with recycled materials and marked 1943, will be a pleasure show it to you next time for inspection, here a pic.
          About the wrap started this thread, I'd like to see more photos as well.
          Luca
          Last edited by Lorenz; 03-14-2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Here is my one and only "SS-BW" stamped StuG wrap, late issue (metallic buttons)

Nice weekend
            Attached Files
            Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,194 at 01:52 PM on Today.

Working...
            X