SS Set - A recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Set - A recent purchase

Enclosed are pictures of a recent set of first pattern brigadefuhrer tabs with sleeve eagle. Let me know your thoughts!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trotlin13; 07-26-2003, 10:31 AM.

back
    Attached Files

Comment

set
      Attached Files

Comment

eagle
        Attached Files

Comment

back
          Attached Files

Comment

left
            Attached Files

Comment

insignia

I personally dont like the eagle because of its construction and lack of swastika. I must admit that the collar patches do look convincing but then again I am not sure, so on that basis I would have not bought them as its better to know wot you are buying instead of wasting your money. David

Comment

Gary? Tony? Your thoughts, please.

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a pair of SS tabs so shiny! They really do look like they were made yesterday. Are they really that bright or is it something to do with your imaging technique?

Very well excecuted handwork but if offered to me, my gut feel tells me to steer clear of these. I could be wrong but I'd still have my money.

Comment

Steve,
                    it maybe the pictures I have asked for better photo's of the above collar insignia from trotlin13,
                    cheers,
                    gary

Comment

The tabs are very well executed but I too would like to see the additional pictures Gary has requested.
                      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Love to see some more pictures too! I can't believe they are really that bright after 60 years, after all, aluminium oxidises naturally.

Regards,

Comment

Tony, Steve, Gary:

Forgive my ignorance, but do I just scan the tabs? I purchased these tabs with a lifetime guarantee so I have no worry about a return. They are mint and beautiful. I tend to agree with the eagle. My question is, have you ever seen where the eagle's breast does not taper. If your experience does not indicate you have I am inclined to believe the set is authentic as the workmanship of the set seems far too great and the cost too prohibitive to conclude a reproduction.

Dylan

Comment

On the tabs it is very obvious where the tress folds over onto the back...I do not like this feature...but there are others who see nothing wrong with this...I have seen this feature on bogus tabs...but it is possible that this is seen on good pieces too, although if you look at the prior post of SS officer tabs, I do not recall any of the good tabs having such a feature...I would understand that tabs that were never sewn on would mabye have this feature, but sewn on tabs would have the tress positioned by the tailor to as where you can not see this obvious "fold back" effect....I am not doubting the tabs I am would just like to know what the consensus is on the imprortance, if any, if this issue, what do you guys think?

John

Comment

Dylan,

A scan should work OK. Here's a scan of the same rank tab I have for an example. It was only done on 200 DPI but it still shows good detail. I think your pics must have been taken with a camera, hand held as there is a bit of camera shake?

Regards,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X