• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-ss crusher..don't laugh!!

Hi to all

I have acquired recently a big lot of militaria in Italy
    Including this "exotic" crusher

The owner said it's an "Italian made" visor cap and if my memory is correct, I have seen in the past this type showed in a book...

I have no illusion about the authenticity of this one, but the construction is definitively old , the material is a gabardine used for the Italian officer uniform, and it's not a "put together" or "Frankenstein cap"

Of course, the insigna are craps...

Does anyone has ever seen this type of cap ? ?

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

bad skull and eagle to it... so my guess that the visor is bad too

Comment

Originally posted by SSgentleman View Post
                    bad skull and eagle to it... so my guess that the visor is bad too
                    Good observation....but he already stated the insignia is crap. He's looking for opinions on the cap itself. I don't know beans about caps, so I'll let others comment.

Comment

The insignas are definitively fake...I know
                      My question was about the cap itself
                      This one is definitively old and really worn,not artificially aged
                      So what it is? a post war cap made for the theater or cinema, a very old fake or why not a period foreign production...

This last hypotesis is very optimist but when you compare the Italian production of M43 cap(and insigna) , uniforms , shoes for the German army , it's very far to the German workmanship we like to find on a textbook piece..

So, if someone has ever seen this type of cap before, don't hesitate to give your opinion!!

Comment

Your cap

Originally posted by alexandre View Post
                        The insignas are definitively fake...I know
                        My question was about the cap itself
                        This one is definitively old and really worn,not artificially aged
                        So what it is? a post war cap made for the theater or cinema, a very old fake or why not a period foreign production...

This last hypotesis is very optimist but when you compare the Italian production of M43 cap(and insigna) , uniforms , shoes for the German army , it's very far to the German workmanship we like to find on a textbook piece..

So, if someone has ever seen this type of cap before, don't hesitate to give your opinion!!
                        It is difficult to say one way or the other on this piece. Most would say it is fake, but with very little to say for sure why. There are things about it that I like, but this would not be the crusher I would pay much money to own. If you own it, try to get good isignia, that would help. It looks field made.
                        Regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X