No announcement yet.

SS officer sleeve eagle 1#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays pakistanis are not skilled enough to skip the underlagen that the skilled embroiderers in WW2 Germany needed. These fake eagles are not hand embroidered. They are done by machine. Thats why they are so perfectly symmetric at repeated eagles. I only think the head is finsihed by hand.

Well, whats important is that this eagle is fake. I think Gary should put it in the fake thread.

I have seen this eagle on one expensive panzer wrap as well that the seller claimed to be untouched. Ha! Bulls--t!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
      Then again, I did find an area with what looks to be something under the bullion. Also, how do you explain the rounded appearance of the individual sections. If there was no unterlagen, the bullion would lay totally flat, No?
      Peter
      Gentlemen,
      there is unterlagen (cardboard) under the bullion!!!!!
      In hand I can see!
      You are right Peter, we can see the rounded appearance.
      And when we see the back of the eagle, this is not machine embrodiery IMO!
      Alex

Comment

Whatever I wouldnt buy it IMO its a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          Whatever I wouldnt buy it IMO its a fake.
          I accept your opinion! I don't want to sale this eagle!
          I think many collectors feeling uncomfortable about this thread, because I haven't received acceptable reasons why this eagle a fake!
          Alex
          Last edited by m.alex; 02-19-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Good dont sell it because if you do the buyer would be getting ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by m.alex View Post
              I accept your opinion! I don't want to sale this eagle!
              I think many collectors feeling uncomfortable about this thread, because I haven't received acceptable reasons why this eagle a fake!
              Alex
              You have gotten a good explaination in my first comment about the eagle in question. If you think Im wrong you can do your own studying about these eagles and do not bother to ask here again.

Thanks

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by m.alex View Post
                because I haven't received acceptable reasons why this eagle a fake!
                Alex

OK then boot on the other foot,

why would it be real?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                  OK then boot on the other foot,

why would it be real?
                  Because the guy who sold it to him TOLD him it was and besides he'll look an a$$ now if he admitts defeat .

Personally I accepted my own inability to learn these eagles a couple of years ago.

Ian.

Comment

I would like to lay down, I don't want to sale this eagle, and I'm not fear if this eagle not original.

I can accept that this is a fake, it seems this is a good quality pakistan copy.

I only said that I can't accept that reasons, if
                    --no unterlagen, because there is
                    --embrodiered directly to the cloth, because there's a plus thin cotton material under the cloth
                    --too nice
                    --machine embrodiered - IMO this is impossible

Regards,
                    Alex

Comment

Cotton material was never used as an unterlagen.Just as a backing material.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        Cotton material was never used as an unterlagen.Just as a backing material.
                        I have talked about the backing material. My english not the best, not my mother's tongue.
                        I know unterlagen only could be cardboard.
                        Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X