Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer sleeve eagle 1#

Hello,
    this one comes now, this is an officer quality bullion sleeve eagle with typical features, I think original, what is your opinions?
    Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by m.alex; 02-18-2008, 04:52 AM.

close
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

back
        Attached Files

Comment

Its a repro eagle IMO.

It lacks the signs and feeling of the embroidery work done by highly skilled worker. It looks like machine embroidery and therefore looks like the perfect bullion sleeve eagle. However this is the big red flag here. Real eagles are never 100 % symetric or totally straight and perfect like this one.

This version of eagle pops up sometimes and it is a fake.

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

No unterlagen its embroidered directly onto the cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
              Sorry, but what means unterlagen?
              It is not embrodiered directly onto the cloth! There's a thin black material behind the wool.
              Alex
              Easyer to see on this photo:
              Attached Files

Comment

The unterlagen is a thin card former that would serve as a pattern and the embroidery was done over it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Unterlagen

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                  Without a doubt there is a unterlagen and it cannot be machine embroidered.
                  This one is tough. It only lacks character. If you can live with that, it is probably OK. Most like to see a little character however!
                  Peter

Comment

I agree with Felix and John - it's a reproduction in my opinion.

Compare it with an authentic one.......

Comment

Sorry its bad and it has no cardboard unterlagen its a recent fake,they are appearing all over the place lately. Tony's Eagle is correct and you can see the unterlagen.

Comment

Ditto the above. Currently made in Pakistan, with no cardboard unterlagen. It actually speaks to the skills of some of these Pakistani embroiderers that they are able to create such a perfect and symetrical eagle by hand without an unterlagen as a guide!

Comment

No Unterlagen

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                          Ditto the above. Currently made in Pakistan, with no cardboard unterlagen. It actually speaks to the skills of some of these Pakistani embroiderers that they are able to create such a perfect and symetrical eagle by hand without an unterlagen as a guide!
                          I'm amazed. After a closer look, I think your right. I cannot see an unterlagen visible anywhere. I think the bullion used for the elongated wing features has a more dull appearance. It's different....Do you agree?
                          Peter

Comment

Unterlagen

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                            Then again, I did find an area with what looks to be something under the bullion. Also, how do you explain the rounded appearance of the individual sections. If there was no unterlagen, the bullion would lay totally flat, No?
                            Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Peter, Ive actually examined a couple of these in hand they have an off white thread underneath which is what must've been used as a guide.But no cardboard unterlagen.They are deceiving but next to a real one you can tell. Here is one that was sewn to a faked tunic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X