Weird 14kt Ring... seems like a fantasy to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird 14kt Ring... seems like a fantasy to me

hey gang... This ring walked in my shop... it is 14kt or higher gold and the diamonds are real. The ring appears to have been sized at some point and there are no markings that I can find... This ring screams fantasy at me...but why make something like this out of gold and real diamonds???

why???? to induce some to but it thinking it belonged to a high dignatory, i would of belived it if not for the over the top naff swaztikas on the sides.think your correct in your thoughts on this, i still belive some will think it "private purchase, or commisioned."

Comment

thats kind of what I was thinking... if they had just left the eagle and the diamonds on the front.... that is something I can see some German hot shot having had made... but the markings on the side... look kind of hokey to me...

Comment

Not all Germans had good taste!
        IMO it´s not impossible the ring is genuine pre 1945.

Comment

Swastica on the side could have been added by a biker at some time, this could be legit. Are the diamonds rose cut? The eagle looks exactly like the Gold stick pin Hitler and Hess wore, only they were authorized that pin to wear.

Comment

the diamonds are rose cut... I didn't even bother to look at the cut till now... do you have a picture of the pin you are talking about?

Comment

Rose cut is a good indication it's old, rose cut diamonds are available today however, not easily obtained if it were fantasy I doubt someone would go though the trouble of finding rose cut diamonds. If you google hitler's photos you will see him wearing that style of eagle. Snyder's treasures has one on his site in the Hitler section (I don't know if it's real) but it's the correct style.

Comment

Ring

To me, the style just does not look period made, ESPECIALLY the inside!! This does NOT look like German workmanship at all. I'd be VERY shocked if this was original. Besides, hard-core gangsta rap wasn't invented yet.

Comment

Looks like something from India, where rose diamonds are available and custom gold work is common.
                  Last edited by sjl; 02-22-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X